Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bub Raw 1 exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 06:38 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 334 Posts

^ was thinking that too. looks like the muffler would slide right on my supertrapp head pipe...

Old 07-14-2016, 07:31 PM
Bobby Sprankle
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HrdNox
I picked one up but haven't got it mounted up yet. I wont be leaving mine "Raw" and will have it coated. It is a well put together pipe though. Should do the job just fine.
I have been keeping my eye on this. Have you got it on yet, and if so are satisfied with how it turned out?

Old 07-16-2016, 08:23 AM
Carl '69
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 695 Likes on 338 Posts

How much restriction is in that can, to discolor it like that. I'm surprised that thing makes/holds enough heat to "blue" the pipe that far downstream.

Old 07-16-2016, 03:58 PM
HrdNox
Stellar HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobby Sprankle
I have been keeping my eye on this. Have you got it on yet, and if so are satisfied with how it turned out?
Its not been mounted yet but these guys have been doing pipes for a looog time and I have no reservations about using it. I did let em know my plans during the call and they said it should work great. As far as the "blueing" I have not an answer and am not an expert on the thermal properties of mild steel but I did sleep on an air mattress last night.

Old 07-16-2016, 04:36 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,538 Likes on 2,145 Posts

As far as the "blueing" I have not an answer and am not an expert on the thermal properties of mild steel but I did sleep on an air mattress last night.
If you stayed at a Holiday Inn Express you might have had the answer...

Old 07-17-2016, 10:22 AM
Bobby Sprankle
6th Gear

Its not been mounted yet but these guys have been doing pipes for a looog time and I have no reservations about using it. I did let em know my plans during the call and they said it should work great. As far as the "blueing" I have not an answer and am not an expert on the thermal properties of mild steel but I did sleep on an air mattress last night.
Thanks, and if you don't mind, keep us posted on how you like it (performance/sound) when you do get it mounted.

Old 07-17-2016, 12:45 PM
HrdNox
Stellar HDF Member

Will do. The manufacture of the motor has expected numbers of their build so we'll see. Sound, that will be easy. Obviously.

Old 06-29-2017, 01:44 PM
GordosGarage
Stage III
Default Get Em!

Engine had a cylinder base leak so figured I would clean it up as all the aluminum had oxidized. New cam bearing, Andrews EV27 Cam, S&S lifters and adj rods, Wiseco 10:1 +.10 domed pistons, ported stock heads, S&S 2 piece rocjer boxes. Should be around 90hp 100ft lbs torque.
Here its is mocked up before the complete teardown. 100% LED lighting; Alloy Art strut mount r signals, joker 39mm mount f signals, 5 3/4" daymaker style headlight, custom dynamics tail light, bad lands load equalizer. RSD seat, Ness side covers, stash tray and fairing, progressive 412 shocks, dyna 2000 programmable ign, BUB 2-1 exhaust and stage 3 motor rebuild. Will be 100% blacked out, engine is done. Waiting on powdercoat for wheels, front end, primary covers and Tranny covers.
Originally Posted by canyoncritter
Any one pick one of these up yet,curious how performance,fit,dragging and sound are.
I put the BUB raw 2 into 1 on my 1994 FXR. I purchased it last year with 20k miles and mint condtion. Last summer it was stock engine, all I did was S&S intake, dyna 2000p ign, and the Raw 2-1. Ran great and sounded incredible. I heat wrapped em and painted them.
Took it apart and rebuilt the engine with new cam bearing, Andrews EV-27 Cam, Wiseco + .10 10:1 domed pistons, S&S adj rods and lifters, head porting with stock valves from Bad Boyz. Runs like a raped ape and I like the sound better than my 127" ci evo with Super Trapps. Plus hes a real good guy and makes great exhaust.

Last edited by GordosGarage; 06-29-2017 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Pictures
Old 06-29-2017, 01:55 PM
HrdNox
Stellar HDF Member

Although I bought one and never mounted it I had a good feeling about that particular pipe. Who knows, I may mount it up someday.

Old 06-29-2017, 02:15 PM
GordosGarage
Stage III
Default Interested in selling it?

Although I bought one and never mounted it I had a good feeling about that particular pipe. Who knows, I may mount it up someday.
Let me know if you are interested in selling the 2-1.

After purchasing for my 94' FXR, I really want this exhaust on my 87' FXR stroker

Last edited by GordosGarage; 06-29-2017 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Pics

Quick Reply: Bub Raw 1 exhaust