Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna swing arm bag

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 10:54 AM
apblingAEW
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Dyna swing arm bag

So the wife has a 15 street bob. She doesn't want saddle bags but needs some sort of storage. The woman at the parts counter by my local HD shop recommended a swing arm bag and said she owns one and can fit 6 bottles and a small wallet in there. Problem is, all the shops around our place does not have it in stock so we could not lay eyes on it in person. Anyway she ordered it.

So I was just out of town for work and swung by a dealer to get some t shirts. I noticed they had 2 different swing arm bags there - one was decent sized, the other was tiny. Problem is the place was swamped, the prices on the bags were in CAD $ and there was no part numbers, so I couldn't get any more help trying to ID which one we bought.
This is the one we ordered - can someone confirm if this one is really small? Like, maybe you could fit a balled up tshirt in there and that's it?
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...d-swingarm-bag

Old 10-25-2015, 11:14 AM
AUTOT3K
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have it in black, also did the mods to make it sit like in the photo. I cant say you'd fit 6 bottles and a wallet though.

2 terry clothes
Hat
Water proof gauntlet gloves
2 packs of smokes
That's about it without squishing it all

Old 10-25-2015, 11:27 AM
apblingAEW
Road Captain

Hmm. I will see what the wife thinks when we get it. I have a feeling the girl that recommended it either has a softail or sporty and those bags look larger.

When you say mods to make it sit like the photo - are you saying if not mod'd it won't sit like the photo from HDs site that I posted?

Old 10-25-2015, 11:35 AM
AUTOT3K
Tourer

Originally Posted by apblingAEW
Hmm. I will see what the wife thinks when we get it. I have a feeling the girl that recommended it either has a softail or sporty and those bags look larger.

When you say mods to make it sit like the photo - are you saying if not mod'd it won't sit like the photo from HDs site that I posted?
I'll grab you the link to the massive thread about the bag not sitting like in the photos.
The soft tail swingarm bag is about 1.5X bigger. My friend got one for his 15 Breakout and I wanted that for my 15 fat bob so I ordered it without physically holding it. Its still great to have though, I highly recommend it!

Old 10-25-2015, 11:36 AM
O-Town D
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Hd 90200570

Pretty much covered in this thread:

Dyna Bag
~

Old 10-25-2015, 11:43 AM
AUTOT3K
Tourer

Originally Posted by O-Town D
Pretty much covered in this thread:

Dyna Bag
~

yep, that's the thread I was going to grab the link for.
my posts start on the second last page, I even added a photo of where to cut the bag etc.
you don't HAVE to mod anything, just looks better if you do

Old 10-25-2015, 04:09 PM
apblingAEW
Road Captain

Auto - you mentioned your buddy got one for his breakout and you had to have one - you mean you ordered the Dyna bag for your fat bob, not the softail one and made it work for your fat bob, correct?

Old 10-25-2015, 07:35 PM
dublenut
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Dead creek bobber bracket works good. It has a plate that mounts to the bag then to the shock and belt guard bolt.

Old 10-26-2015, 08:45 AM
AUTOT3K
Tourer

Originally Posted by apblingAEW
Auto - you mentioned your buddy got one for his breakout and you had to have one - you mean you ordered the Dyna bag for your fat bob, not the softail one and made it work for your fat bob, correct?
Ordered the dyna bag, I thought it was going to be a touch bigger but I'm still glad I have it

Old 10-27-2015, 11:49 AM
Dead Creek Cycles
Former Sponsor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for mentioning our product dublenut, much appreciated.

Like he said, our Bobber Bracket works on all Dyna models and lets you mount several different styles and sizes of solo bags on your swingarm. It's designed to work with both slanted-style bags as well as Softail-style triangular-shaped bags. We also have several styles of bags that you can choose from, based on the size and style you prefer.

Our Bobber Bag Softail-style bag works great on Dynas. It's a good-sized bag with lots of extra features and is the most durable bag available. We also have our Reaper Bag in similar Softail-style , or Reaper Bag in slanted style specifically designed to fit Dynas.

We also have Package Deals to save you some money that include both the Bobber Bracket hard mount kit and a bag. Feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions about any of our products.

Al

Bobber Bag and Bobber Bracket on a Super Glide

Reaper Dyna Bag

Quick Reply: Dyna swing arm bag