Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna swing arm bag

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 12:03 PM
DesertDyna
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by apblingAEW
So the wife has a 15 street bob. She doesn't want saddle bags but needs some sort of storage. The woman at the parts counter by my local HD shop recommended a swing arm bag and said she owns one and can fit 6 bottles and a small wallet in there. Problem is, all the shops around our place does not have it in stock so we could not lay eyes on it in person. Anyway she ordered it.

So I was just out of town for work and swung by a dealer to get some t shirts. I noticed they had 2 different swing arm bags there - one was decent sized, the other was tiny. Problem is the place was swamped, the prices on the bags were in CAD $ and there was no part numbers, so I couldn't get any more help trying to ID which one we bought.
This is the one we ordered - can someone confirm if this one is really small? Like, maybe you could fit a balled up tshirt in there and that's it?
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...d-swingarm-bag
Dont know if you noticed it, but instructions for this bag states: "Fits '06-later DynaŽ models (except FLD) equipped with Solo Seats. <b>Requires removal of passenger pegs.</b> Luggage capacity: 265 cubic inches total."

Old 11-01-2015, 07:46 AM
AUTOT3K
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DesertDyna
Dont know if you noticed it, but instructions for this bag states: "Fits '06-later DynaŽ models (except FLD) equipped with Solo Seats. Requires removal of passenger pegs. Luggage capacity: 265 cubic inches total."
isn't a street bob a solo bike? so the OP's wife wouldn't be removing any passenger pegs etc

Old 11-01-2015, 06:52 PM
apblingAEW
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah wasn't sure the post was meant to address my questions. But yeah, her bike came stock with a solo seat and no passenger pegs (the holes are there to mount them though).

Old 11-01-2015, 11:17 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,690 Likes on 3,084 Posts

Did not know of "swingarm" bags until now. GF has a 2015 FXDL, and she could use some extra storage capacity. She's shopping them now...

Old 11-04-2015, 06:20 AM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 417 Likes on 247 Posts
Thumbs down

I have the HD swingarm bag on my '13 SB and it's not bad. The biggest issue I have isn't the size of the bag so much as the size of the opening. Getting things in and out isn't that easy, but it's got okay storage once things are in it.

Old 11-04-2015, 07:25 AM
apblingAEW
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah, thats one thing I noticed on the display model - the bag isn't huge, but the opening is smaller than what I expected - I'm guessing it must be that way to keep the rigidity of the bag.

Old 11-05-2015, 07:46 AM
RLE
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got my swing arm bag from viking and mounting bracket from dead creek cycles. Both are high quality products for a reasonable price.

Old 11-05-2015, 10:05 AM
kmiller1021
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really like this bag, but it is a pita removing when my son wants to ride. Has anyone came up with a bracket or something to keep the bag and footpeg on the bike together?

Old 11-05-2015, 10:55 AM
Dead Creek Cycles
Former Sponsor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kmiller1021
I really like this bag, but it is a pita removing when my son wants to ride. Has anyone came up with a bracket or something to keep the bag and footpeg on the bike together?
Here you go: http://www.deadcreekcycles.com/Dead-...ls_p_1100.html

Our Bobber Bracket lets you mount several styles of solo bags on your bike without removing the passenger footpegs. It mounts behind the shock, leaving you plenty of room for a passenger.

We also make swingarm bags for it as well: http://www.deadcreekcycles.com/Dyna-_c_837.html

Old 11-05-2015, 02:53 PM
rjsimmons
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I attached a sissybar bag to my battery cover. Works quite well and on the rare occassions I have a passenger, the peg is still there.

Quick Reply: Dyna swing arm bag