Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How narrow is too narrow for handlebars?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2015 | 11:12 AM
Greezey Rider
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by jaxdwg
If you'll read my post, you'd see that the key word was "real".

Same answer applies.

Old 10-26-2015 | 09:45 PM
jaxdwg
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Greezey Rider
Same answer applies.
I just hope you don't have to find out.

Old 10-27-2015 | 10:12 AM
Greezey Rider
Ultimate HDF Member

I just hope you don't have to find out.

I have had to "find out" many times over the years, I have been running narrow T-bars since the late 70's.
Sorry to have to point it out to you young lady.....But you're wrong.

Old 10-27-2015 | 04:47 PM
TSheff
Seasoned HDF Member

Run what you want. I like Tee Bars, drag bars, minis and I had a problem with ape hangers when I first rode with them (too sensitive). If it works for you Good Deal, wider does have more leverage. It doesn't have to be personal.
Hardtail, Softail, Dyna, Touring, even Trikes go for what makes you enjoy the ride.

Old 10-27-2015 | 05:23 PM
emperor wurm
Road Warrior

i have seen a dude get a gnarly tank slapper in the 15 freeway and he went down.....he didnt have tbars, he was running some way too big apes...

Old 10-27-2015 | 05:27 PM
jaxdwg
Road Warrior

I have had to "find out" many times over the years, I have been running narrow T-bars since the late 70's.
Sorry to have to point it out to you young lady.....But you're wrong.
Well, if you've found out many times, you should've learned by now. I never said narrower bars were bad. Only if they are "real" narrow. btw, been riding for 55 yrs-- young lady. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree!

Old 10-27-2015 | 05:49 PM
Greezey Rider
Ultimate HDF Member

Well, if you've found out many times, you should've learned by now. I never said narrower bars were bad. Only if they are "real" narrow. btw, been riding for 55 yrs-- young lady. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree!
Try to pay attention....I realize that it's hard to accept that you're incorrect in your assumption that a narrow set of bars causes a lack of ability to control your motorcycle in the event of the need for a quick maneuver...But you are.

I have been running pretty narrow T-bars since the late 70's and have been in quite a few situations that required that I make quick maneuvers to keep from getting plastered.
Apparently I have been successful in those maneuvers because I'm here to talk about it.

Old 10-27-2015 | 07:15 PM
jaxdwg
Road Warrior

Try to pay attention....I realize that it's hard to accept that you're incorrect in your assumption that a narrow set of bars causes a lack of ability to control your motorcycle in the event of the need for a quick maneuver...But you are.

I have been running pretty narrow T-bars since the late 70's and have been in quite a few situations that required that I make quick maneuvers to keep from getting plastered.
Apparently I have been successful in those maneuvers because I'm here to talk about it.
And I grew up racing. Maybe you've heard of AMA district 37. I raced desert and Moto-x and have taken 1st overall twice in desert racing. Have raced with many different bar configurations and found that if they are too narrow you can't make a maneuver as quickly as you can with "more" bar. The opposite is also true- if the bars are too wide and you hit the right bump, it will throw you forward and your arms are too far apart to stop your forward momentum. I was trying to give the op some insight but you turned it into a pissing contest. So I'll say again: we need to agree to disagree. You won't change my mind and, apparently, I won't change yours', so let's call it a day, Though I do like your spunk. I wonder how many are reading our posts and eating popcorn 😎 Lol

Old 10-27-2015 | 07:18 PM
Greezey Rider
Ultimate HDF Member

And I grew up racing. Maybe you've heard of AMA district 37. I raced desert and Moto-x and have taken 1st overall twice in desert racing. Have raced with many different bar configurations and found that if they are too narrow you can't make a maneuver as quickly as you can with "more" bar. The opposite is also true- if the bars are too wide and you hit the right bump, it will throw you forward and your arms are too far apart to stop your forward momentum. I was trying to give the op some insight but you turned it into a pissing contest. So I'll say again: we need to agree to disagree. You won't change my mind and, apparently, I won't change yours', so let's call it a day, Though I do like your spunk. I wonder how many are reading our posts and eating popcorn 😎 Lol

Agreed.....We shall disagree.

Old 10-27-2015 | 07:31 PM
jaxdwg
Road Warrior

Agreed.....We shall disagree.
Ok, let's go get a beer. We've been sounding like dems and repubs

Quick Reply: How narrow is too narrow for handlebars?