Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Harley... questions on 2015 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 08:01 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

I have a 14 Low Rider. For the exhaust I put the take off system from a 13 Street Bob because I like the look better than the stock 2 into one. Also the baffle was punched out. It gives a low mellow sound with out being objectionable. That saved the cost of a new aftermarket exhaust.

Put on a K&N breather that was half off. The bike responded well to the increase in incoming air and less restrictive exhaust. No tune yet. I was going to do the Vigilante tune but they went out of operation. I heard that Accel took the turner business over.

Did an oil cooler, engine guard, windshield and windshield bag along with using two handlebar bags as mini saddle bags and they serve to support throw over bags instead of the braces. Another cheap er rather frugal move by me.

I'm done with the mods. Yeah that's correct. No more mods. Sure! Wait! I need a solo seat with backrest and a------.

Old 10-16-2015, 11:28 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

Stopped at the dealer today and they just got their first 16 Lowrider. Crap! HO103, ventilator breather, laced chrome rims and custom tins.

The HO103 has higher compression, a more aggressive low to mid range cam, larger throttle body and a less restrictive breather. That Dyna should run hard.

Last edited by lh4x4; 10-17-2015 at 12:15 AM.
Old 10-18-2015, 07:35 AM
BillHarley
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice ride LH4x4! Did you see a marked improvement in performance with the breather/exhaust change?

Old 10-19-2015, 11:31 AM
Nightglidr
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rauchman
NICE!!!

The Low Rider came out a couple months after I purchased my FLD. If it had been out, I may have one now.

Curious on your thoughts on the Switchback vs. the LR.
Thanks Rauchman, good question. The Switchback reminds me a lot of the Road King ( but lower seat height, not as wide in the front of the seatbehind the fuel tank, and felt much lighter as well). I sat on the RK and lifting it off of the side stand, you could feel that extra weight.
The SB is a great one or two up all day tourer, I put around 12000 kms on her. The saddle bags are a bit on the small side, but they are lockable and removable, which is a nice feature if you need to park overnight when hoteliing it. Good power, agile and light, I enjoyed it but it was a little bit plain as well.

Now the LR, well I fell in love with this bike when the dealer showed me the pictures ( they didn't have one in stock and had to order it in for me).
It looks old shcool, which I like, has good power (stock), comfortable and low seat, easy to flick this puppy around. You do sit a bit differently than the SB, as the SB has floor boards and the LR has pegs.

Which do I prefer?
Definately the Lowrider, it just remindes me of the harleys from the 80's, when it was more about style than practicality.
Switching out the cams, installing a VH slip on pipe and stage 2 air kit and program really woke this bike up, hauls a-- now, and puts a big a-- smile on my face when I ride her.
The last thing to mention is that I got the ABS model, with dual brakes out front, she stops on a dime. The SB only comes with a single front disc brake.

Old 10-19-2015, 01:31 PM
Dobietrainer
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I love my 2014 Low Rider. It' light, for a Harley, fast, comfortable and handles well. Reminds me of an old school hot rod Harley. The Switchback is my second choice. I like the versatility but as dumb as this sounds I don't like the single front disc brake. Just looks out of balance.

Old 10-19-2015, 02:32 PM
emperor wurm
Road Warrior
Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by kontiki
Sweet looking LR. I'm planning to relocate the front turn signals also (can't believe moco would mount them up under the bars - maybe for better visibility?). Was going to go with the Harley relocation kit, which seems to be the cleanest way to do it on these bikes. Is that what you did?
nope...ebay clamps, 12 dollars, bought the connectors and pins from harley for around 3.80 spliced my wires, shrink wrapped and installed my connectors...good to go. just remember to flash your hazards before you try to use your turn signals.

Old 10-22-2015, 12:02 AM
Nightglidr
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the relocation kit from Harley, was a bit of a pain to rewire the signal lights, but they re-plug in to some connectors located under the front of the gas tank.

Harley front signal lights relocation kit installed

Last edited by Nightglidr; 10-22-2015 at 12:04 AM. Reason: added picture
Old 10-22-2015, 10:58 AM
FatBobMark
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If it were me I would put whatever air cleaner fits you liking, a good 2-1 exhaust system and buy a power vision tuner. You wont be sorry with the power vision. Good luck