Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What seat for no ass on a FXDWG?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 12:06 PM
JPS_Lotus98T
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default What seat for no *** on a FXDWG?

I know seat choice greatly depends on the rider. I cannot determine what seat might actually work well for me after searching through dozens of old topics on here.

Problem I have is after 30 miles on the stock seat, my *** starts hurting like hell. I don't have much of an *** which doesn't help obviously. I had a Mustang Vintage Solo Wide on my 1200 Custom before I got the Dyna. It wasn't a bad seat, but I wasn't terribly impressed with it. Never felt comfortable with it moving me forward a little bit. Comfort seemed better than the stock seat on that bike, but it wasn't exactly the great leap forward I was hoping for.

Since my issue seems to be with my sitting bones getting sore quickly (and it feels like it is absorbing all of vibrations on the road) is there anyone else who has that tendency? If so, what seat did you wind up getting, and did it make a big difference?

I had thought about trying the Solo Day Tripper Wide with backrest this time instead of the Vintage, but I don't know if this would be more of the same. I looked at the Corbin website, but I know people say Corbin tends to run on the harder side, and I don't know if very hard is what I need.

Old 10-10-2015, 02:17 PM
Glidewider
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey I had the same issues with my stock fxdwg seat. I switched to the Le Pera Cherokee seat. It made a huge difference it has a totally different profile which provides pretty decent lower back support. I recently rode my bike a total of 11000 kms from newfoundland to sturgis and never felt much discomfort at all.

Old 10-10-2015, 02:26 PM
JPS_Lotus98T
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Glidewider
Hey I had the same issues with my stock fxdwg seat. I switched to the Le Pera Cherokee seat. It made a huge difference it has a totally different profile which provides pretty decent lower back support. I recently rode my bike a total of 11000 kms from newfoundland to sturgis and never felt much discomfort at all.
Thanks! Does the Cherokee seat spread the pressure on your butt evenly?

That's a hell of a ride you made! I'm impressed!

Old 10-11-2015, 01:42 PM
Glidewider
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JPS_Lotus98T
Thanks! Does the Cherokee seat spread the pressure on your butt evenly?

That's a hell of a ride you made! I'm impressed!
Compared to the stock seat I find the Cherokee holds me more snug. I found I could slip around on the stock seat, as though I always needed to reposition myself. The Cherokee is miles ahead of the stock seat in terms of comfort and it looks ****in sweet too

Old 10-12-2015, 12:10 PM
billib1954
Road Master
Received 354 Likes on 233 Posts

Same issue here, no ***. Save your money on the wide tripper, had one for about a month. same story. I have a mustang vintage on my evo fatboy and ended up with a mustang fastback (?- the one with the most back support) on the dyna. Can now ride 3 or 4 hours with minimal pain in the back and butt.

Old 10-15-2015, 09:13 AM
Franz_72
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Lotus.

I mounted a Mustang Regal Duke (Twin seat).
I can ride all the day making tousands of miles without any bad feeling or pain in my *** or coccix.
Plus, this seat has a small vertical part that allows me to accomodate my lower back making the ride very very relaxing.

Old 10-15-2015, 09:23 AM
Queen-of-Clubs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,334 Likes on 536 Posts

I have a "no ***" friend who won't go anywhere without his airhawk seat pad. Check it out on revzilla.

Old 10-15-2015, 03:50 PM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 417 Likes on 247 Posts

Install this seat - I guarantee you'll get no ***!

Old 10-15-2015, 09:55 PM
JPS_Lotus98T
Cruiser

Originally Posted by billib1954
Same issue here, no ***. Save your money on the wide tripper, had one for about a month. same story. I have a mustang vintage on my evo fatboy and ended up with a mustang fastback (?- the one with the most back support) on the dyna. Can now ride 3 or 4 hours with minimal pain in the back and butt.
Thanks for the heads up on the Wide Tripper!

Originally Posted by Franz_72
Hi Lotus.

I mounted a Mustang Regal Duke (Twin seat).
I can ride all the day making tousands of miles without any bad feeling or pain in my *** or coccix.
Plus, this seat has a small vertical part that allows me to accomodate my lower back making the ride very very relaxing.
Hmmm...looking at that seat, that might be the one for me. That vertical piece while not the same as a backrest, looks like it might give just enough support to make it worthwhile.

Originally Posted by UUNetBill

Install this seat - I guarantee you'll get no ***!
Ordered 10 of these...

Old 10-15-2015, 11:16 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 192 Likes on 148 Posts

I too have "old white guy syndrome" and have had luck with my Corbin Solo Touring saddle. I did get it with the back rest. Pretty darn comfy in my book.

Quick Reply: What seat for no ass on a FXDWG?