Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat bob denim paint ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 07:49 PM
Iron2fatbob
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fat bob denim paint ?

Hey everyone so I was on here a few years ago with my 2010 iron in denim black and just a couple months ago traded it in on a 2015 denim black fat bob ... The bike has a 1000 miles on it and seen a sprinkle once ... The other day I noticed what appeared to be dried water spots ?!? I went to clean it off with denim cleaner and nothing even brought it to Harley and they took it in the back couldn't get it out and said there is no physical damage its not a scratch or dent ...

Any suggestions or experience with this ?? I'll take pictures tomorrow

Thank you
Matt

Old 09-28-2015, 08:54 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,848 Likes on 1,085 Posts

Plain Windex should work on it.

Old 09-28-2015, 11:33 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 912 Likes on 662 Posts

Never had anything on my black denim Fat Bob that a little warm water and dish soap wouldn't get rid of.

Old 09-29-2015, 05:17 PM
Iron2fatbob
Intermediate

Thanks guys I tried both of those things before bringing it to Harley ... Like I said I have experience with the paint from my iron which is why in so confused and a little annoyed ... I'm not as ocd about it as I used to be because if you ride it a lot things happen it's just a mystery to me and everyone at ocean county Harley apparently lol

Old 09-29-2015, 05:49 PM
Iron2fatbob
Intermediate

Here's a quick shot of my issue ... Really starting to annoy me the more I look at it

Old 09-29-2015, 07:41 PM
DrewNJ
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

I have the exact same bike with the exact same paint and use Meguiers quick detailer in the purple bottle. Works great.

Old 09-29-2015, 07:48 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Iron2fatbob
Here's a quick shot of my issue ... Really starting to annoy me the more I look at it

Hard water spots. Really tough to get off. Someone washed that bike in the sun when it was hot and let the water dry on it. Detail shops use an acid to get it off gloss black vehicles. Not sure if that would work on Denim but don't know why it wouldn't...

Old 09-29-2015, 09:00 PM
Iron2fatbob
Intermediate

Never washed this bike with water ... Got sprinkled on while riding one day for literally 5 minutes got home and rode into my shed shut it down went inside showered went out and wiped it down ... This never happened with my last bike and really shouldn't happen from that ?!?!? ... Very frustrating

Old 09-29-2015, 09:02 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Iron2fatbob
Never washed this bike with water ... Got sprinkled on while riding one day for literally 5 minutes got home and rode into my shed shut it down went inside showered went out and wiped it down ... This never happened with my last bike and really shouldn't happen from that ?!?!? ... Very frustrating
Rain water won't do that. Is it possible it was there when you bought it and you didn't notice?

Old 09-29-2015, 09:09 PM
Iron2fatbob
Intermediate

Originally Posted by themouth!!!
Rain water won't do that. Is it possible it was there when you bought it and you didn't notice?
Idk because I know how to take care of denim paint and literally I have used the hd brand denim paint cleaner and a micro fiber clothe ... It might be possible but I don't think so ... I am waiting to hear back from Harley because something isn't right ... 5 years of hard riding on my last bike and never got one of these now i have all these ?? Idk

Quick Reply: Fat bob denim paint ?