Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna floorboard kit questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2015 | 04:43 PM
CJeep
|
Road Captain

Thanks for all of the responses guys.

I know the RK was more cramped compared to my Dyna. But I did like the footboard aspect, despite the poor position for me.

With the extended forwards, I guess I feel my feet are a little too far out. I could spend the money and get regular forwards, but in the end, I think I will be able to make the bike handle better with boards. Yeah, I might scrape occasionally, but I'm not a very aggressive rider. No way could I have mids, just too tight.

I'd consider an engine guard on general principal, but also to either rest my toes on it with my heel on the board, or go fully monty with some highway pegs.

Lets see what the birthday elves bring me next month, and if its enough, I may buy the boards.

Old 09-22-2015 | 05:48 PM
linewatch
Cruiser

I really liked my footboards. I used the highway pegs on the engine guard for my toes and heels on the board. Now I have mids and the highway pegs. That is only because the exhaust I picked would not fit with footboards. I am only 5'9" so I am not cramped up on mids.

I have the footboards in the garage. I put about 4-5k on them. If you are interested send me a pm. Here is a picture shortly after I put them on.

Attached Thumbnails Dyna floorboard kit questions-20140828_171555.jpg  
Old 09-22-2015 | 06:05 PM
203Cree
Road Master

Originally Posted by CJeep
Thanks for all of the responses guys.

I know the RK was more cramped compared to my Dyna. But I did like the footboard aspect, despite the poor position for me.

With the extended forwards, I guess I feel my feet are a little too far out. I could spend the money and get regular forwards, but in the end, I think I will be able to make the bike handle better with boards. Yeah, I might scrape occasionally, but I'm not a very aggressive rider. No way could I have mids, just too tight.

I'd consider an engine guard on general principal, but also to either rest my toes on it with my heel on the board, or go fully monty with some highway pegs.

Lets see what the birthday elves bring me next month, and if its enough, I may buy the boards.
I can almost promise you you'll want a set of half inch spacers behind the mounts. Keeps your right knee off the air cleaner and lets you use the whole board.

Old 09-22-2015 | 09:09 PM
pntmachine
Intermediate

I love my floorboards and no chance of switching back, I am 6' with plenty of leg room and forward feel. I switched my boards to the Burst boards and modified my shifter arm by welding a softail pin in it to make it heel toe. I also bought a 2" extended rear lever to move the lever back off the board and give me full boot room.

Attached Thumbnails Dyna floorboard kit questions-heel-toe-4.jpg   Dyna floorboard kit questions-p9.jpg  

Last edited by pntmachine; 09-22-2015 at 09:13 PM.
Old 09-22-2015 | 10:31 PM
Carl '69
Outstanding HDF Member
Veteran: Army

The FLD 'boards are, hands down, the best mod I've made to my FXD.

Old 09-22-2015 | 10:45 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by Carl '69
The FLD 'boards are, hands down, the best mod I've made to my FXD.
Same for me on my 07' FXDWG. And I had both forwards and center pegs at the same time. Boards are much better and I am 6'1".

Old 09-23-2015 | 06:10 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by pntmachine
I love my floorboards and no chance of switching back, I am 6' with plenty of leg room and forward feel. I switched my boards to the Burst boards and modified my shifter arm by welding a softail pin in it to make it heel toe. I also bought a 2" extended rear lever to move the lever back off the board and give me full boot room.
Where did you find that 2" extended heel shift lever?

Old 09-23-2015 | 06:31 AM
pntmachine
Intermediate

Originally Posted by blueangel73
Where did you find that 2" extended heel shift lever?
This is the one that I used.
http://www.bkrider.com/bkrider/SKUSearch_v3.asp?
Part #

C01070328

Old 09-24-2015 | 01:34 PM
elwoodblaess
2nd Gear

I just made a post about installing fld floor boards on my FXDF I'm 6'6" and I'm gonna go for it with the motor company fld boards, i have a thunder header and I know it will require modification. I'll try to put up some pictures when I get them on

Old 04-14-2023 | 10:15 PM
James Whitt
Stage IV
Default Dana floorboards

I’m looking for a floorboard kit that won’t be higher than the foot pegs for a 2005 wideglide any body out there know where I can find them

Quick Reply: Dyna floorboard kit questions