Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Switchback Rear Fender on Streetbob

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2020, 08:59 PM
AHD4ME
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hooking up the lights

Thanks for all the info posted about this subject.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I thought it might be easier than starting a new one. I’m hoping that some of the guys with experience maybe upgraded to LED by now.

So hear is my question that I might not be able to get answered here, but I’ll ask anyway.

My 2015 Street Bob is in Japan and an international model for export. The rear lights and turn signals were LED from the factory and all in one running/brake/turn signals from HD bullet style on the struts/fender. No center light.

So I understand that I need (or want) the harness for center mount and the circuit board for the center mount light. I would rather get Moon MC or Custom Dynamics LED low profile. It seems they only sell them integrated with turn signals. So I see no problem there.

The Switchback fender has the mount for the light bar and it seems Street Glide is the best to get. I found aftermarket units with LED for international models but also integrated with running/stop/turn signals.

I don’t know how you folks with this mod were connecting both the center tail lights/brake to the light bar with turn signals, but I guess it’s designed for that for non LED, non turn signal integrated applications.

I guess for my case I will have to splice in the wires from the light bar to the harness? It can’t be plug and play or am I missing something?

Thanks for entertaining my question and maybe this is a question for Moon MC or Custom Dynamics. I see another full fender I could get without light bar, but I think I won’t be able to pass inspections in Japan without the separate turn signals.

Last edited by AHD4ME; 11-30-2020 at 09:05 PM.
Old 12-01-2020, 01:14 AM
AHD4ME
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 180 rear tire

By the way, anyone with the Switchback fender have a 180 tire on a 5.5” wheel? I can’t seem to find anyone with a Switchback and 180 tire. It is narrower than the later Street Bob fender and not fit. I already have a 180 on the back. Thanks!

Old 12-02-2020, 05:03 PM
ABQ-Jammer
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 4,753 Likes on 2,317 Posts

Originally Posted by jackyl
Hey guys finally got around to taking some pics of the Switchback rear fender and streetglide rear lightbar installed on my Streetbob. I love the look of it makes the bike look longer and its a lot cleaner and a smooth flow in the back end with the plate under the light bar. Here are some pics of it with and without saddlebags and shield. the install was simple swap out plug and play. I think a paint maybe and then I am done. Enjoy Jackyl

Does the lightbar have it's own light pointing down over the license plate? If not, then you could be in trouble, because the license plate light is now on the top of the talllight, and won't shine on the plate, but up in the air.
If you need to, you could get those LEDs that replace the license plate bolts to light it up, though, and tie them into the taillight running circuit, so they're on when the bike is.

I have to admit, though, it does clean up the back, and makes it look better.