Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boght touring but keeping the Dyna

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 04:27 PM
Robtarra39
Road Warrior
Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Boght touring but keeping the Dyna

Well I did it, never thought I would but I did, I bought a used FLHTCI,now I am in two forums and will participate in both, this will be great for those long hauls and my wife will be ale to ride again because of back issues that the Dyna was not comfy enough and did not help with back pain. do plan on keeping my Dyna as its a blast to ride,

Old 09-13-2015, 04:33 PM
shorelasHD
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,858 Likes on 1,270 Posts

Congrats! BTW love those new dual purpose u-haul utility trailers!

Old 09-13-2015, 05:34 PM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by shorelasHD
BTW love those new dual purpose u-haul utility trailers!
They work very well for hauling a bike, and I think they're available in three sizes. I had to use the next size up from the one pictured, because my scoots are 8 feet long.
Wish they had an enclosed model.

Old 09-13-2015, 07:24 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

After getting our Dyna bikes we just about stop riding the bagger unless on a trip.
Good looking bike

Old 09-13-2015, 09:29 PM
Robtarra39
Road Warrior
Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts

I rented this 5 X 9 bike trailer for 14.95 a day from Uhaul , it towed well and did not wobble and has a low deck for loading, even with the bagger on it there was still another foot of space at the rear, did a 490km round trip to pick up this bike in Quebec south of Montreal.

As for the dyna I foresee it being my fun and daily rider, the bagger or geezerglide is for when my wife wants to ride or a long trip to laconia or Americade since I live in Ottawa Canada

Old 09-13-2015, 09:32 PM
hAkron
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was going to sell my 2006 FXDCI when I bought my FLHX, but I just couldn't do it. I took off all of the ugly crap I had bolted on to it over the years, replaced the two up seat with a solo seat, and now I flip a coin when I go out into the garage. Not a bad problem to have.

Old 09-13-2015, 11:22 PM
jaxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by hAkron
I was going to sell my 2006 FXDCI when I bought my FLHX, but I just couldn't do it. I took off all of the ugly crap I had bolted on to it over the years, replaced the two up seat with a solo seat, and now I flip a coin when I go out into the garage. Not a bad problem to have.
Haven't done it yet, to my wg, after picking up an egc. The thing that surprised me was that my WIFE actually wants me to turn it into a town romper--- think I'll keep this gal.

Old 09-14-2015, 09:55 AM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 417 Likes on 247 Posts

Yeah, it's terrible having to be in two forums all the time, huh?

Although I went the other way - had the touring bike, and added a Dyna. I told my wife that after we moved to SC, it was time for a bar hopper. She doesn't even ride but she was on board 100%. She's a keeper, too!

I think having the Dyna will really keep the miles down on the Glide, except for longer trips. Although I DO miss the cruise control on the Bob, the thumbscrew just ain't as convenient for giving the throttle wrist a break.

Old 09-14-2015, 10:54 AM
jaxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by UUNetBill
Yeah, it's terrible having to be in two forums all the time, huh?

Although I went the other way - had the touring bike, and added a Dyna. I told my wife that after we moved to SC, it was time for a bar hopper. She doesn't even ride but she was on board 100%. She's a keeper, too!

I think having the Dyna will really keep the miles down on the Glide, except for longer trips. Although I DO miss the cruise control on the Bob, the thumbscrew just ain't as convenient for giving the throttle wrist a break.
I know it's no correct but a lot of times I put the lock on enough to hold the throttle, on my wg, so I can give my right hand a break, even on surface roads, just not in town. Love the cruise on my bagger.

Old 09-14-2015, 01:11 PM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 417 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by jaxdwg
I know it's no correct but a lot of times I put the lock on enough to hold the throttle, on my wg, so I can give my right hand a break, even on surface roads, just not in town. Love the cruise on my bagger.
Amen - being able to flick your thumb to engage the cruise, even if it's just 5-10 seconds - a man can get used to that little luxury. My throttle wrist loves the cruise...

Quick Reply: Boght touring but keeping the Dyna