Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Renaming the Street Bob

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 01:33 PM
dog06bob
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Renaming the Street Bob

I really hate the name 'Street Bob'. I feel f^cked up saying those two words together. Doesn't seem to fit the bike. Haven't been able to come up with a name that suits the image of the bike. Anybody got any ideas on a different name? Try to be serious. 'Bad Mother F^cker' is my favorite, but not something that Harley could have called the bike instead. Anybody that's seen the movie 'Pulp Fiction' knows where I came up with that name.

Your in a parking lot full of bikes and someoneasks you which bike is yours and you reply, "It the one that says Bad Mother F^cker on it". Now that I like!!!!!

Old 05-03-2007, 01:46 PM
hounddog
Tourer
Default RE: Renaming the Street Bob

i call my dyna super glide custom "Hound dog" HDHD harley davidson hound dog, much better than dyna super glide..... plus i kinda hound slow cagers on the freeway so it fits.

Old 05-03-2007, 02:07 PM
DA ROOSTER
Advanced

Hows about "THE STREET BEATER" or the "BLACKTOP BEATER", cause I don't like bobbin on my bike. I like beaten on the street!

Old 05-03-2007, 02:22 PM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Finally...a bob owner that fesses up. I've been a huge fan of the St bobs since they came out (despite the fact that I love/own a WG)...and I've had a number of friends express an interest in buying a harley...these are guys that don't ride...never rode, and want to get into riding. So I keep mentioning that HD has a new model called the street bob....it's a fantastic bike on a fantastic platform...for a good price. Then I show them a picture from the 06 catalog...the denim black model. Every single one of my friends who I've showed this to have had a similar response. "That looks cool as hell"...."Did you say I could get that for under 15K?"..."I love the flat black paint"....etc etc. And then I get the "What's it called again?....did you say Street Bob?....Dude...that sounds gay". Then I have to explain that ok...the name is kinda corny..but the bike is bad a$$.

So this has been my experience...and I,too, have never liked the name Street Bob....I understand HD was naming it after a style of motorcycle...but sorry...I tend to agree with my friends....that name does sound gay! I mean...why doesn't HD just call it "Street John"...or maybe "Street Robert"....what about "Street Richard/Dick"

I'll fess up too...I don't particularly like the name Wide Glide either...sounds like a lubricant for fat women. When people ask me what I ride, I either say, simply, a harley....or to those who know a little more....a dyna glide. Works for me. But I'll tell you...if I would've bought a Street Bob back a year and a half ago, I definitely wouldn't tell people I ride a "Bob". My friends would probably think I was spending a lot of time at the Blue Oyster Bar

Todd

Old 05-03-2007, 02:25 PM
98fxd
Tourer

i hate the name too, well not hate it, it just sounds silly for a model of bike. i just tell people its a dyna. no one knows what the f^ck a dyna is anyway, they just ask if its a soft tail or a sportster. its really just a superglide with a blacked out motor and the speedo on the tank... i guess that makes itlowrider with black parts instead of chrome... that settles it, im calling a blowrider

Old 05-03-2007, 02:36 PM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine's is just Ashley.

Old 05-03-2007, 03:06 PM
AZ Rider
Road Warrior

FXDBI

Old 05-03-2007, 03:07 PM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: AZ Rider
FXDBI
Fix Debbie?

Old 05-03-2007, 03:47 PM
xtrlo
Advanced

ORIGINAL: veniculum

I don't particularly like the name Wide Glide either...sounds like a lubricant for fat women.
LMAO! [sm=smiley36.gif]

Old 05-03-2007, 04:02 PM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: xtrlo

ORIGINAL: veniculum

I don't particularly like the name Wide Glide either...sounds like a lubricant for fat women.
LMAO! [sm=smiley36.gif]
Dyna Super Glide sounds like a figure skater. Or a lubricantfor prostitutes. I can't quite decide.[sm=confused06.gif]

Quick Reply: Renaming the Street Bob