Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bag suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 02:54 PM
littledragon
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bag suggestions

I have a 2012 FXDC I am wanting to put lockable saddle bags on her, preferably leather style hard. I went to the HD dealer and for their lockable bags which are going to be discontinued according to the parts guy they want $729 plus $90 for a relocation kit and if I have them installed another $360. That's $1179 which I just could not see paying. It's $819 just for the bags and relocation kit without labor which I thought for what the bags are is probably twice what their worth. Any suggestions on good lockable aftermarket bags that fit well and are not very difficult to install would be appreciated.

Old 09-06-2015, 07:10 PM
dpoll995
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

DONT get the HD hard bags. They suck. I have them on my bike now. The instructions say not to put more than like 7lbs in each bag. Wtf that's like 2 pair of jeans!! The hard bags are not detectable either which is another negative. I had mine added in during the purchase of my bike, which was a mistake. I'm been looking at leather pros, I like the look and they hold a lot and are detachable. There are a few guys running the leather pros and really like them. I'm gonna get the retro fxd bags but they have other styles

http://www.leatherpros.com/website1_003.htm

http://leatherpros.com

Old 09-06-2015, 08:47 PM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member
Received 908 Likes on 588 Posts

I found a killer deal on my HD bags via the local CL. $400 brand new and for $25 more he threw in the relo kit. I really like the bags but if I didn't find them I was prepared to grab LeatherPros. I'm going for a lil more attitude and less ole man cruiser style, doing Cycle Visions BareBacks, detachable sissy bar & luggage, mini apes and a solo seat for round town cruising. Keep an eye on CL and in your local surrounding ares as well. Drove a lil over an hour round trip for mine. Worth it. Also keep an eye here in our classifieds, always a good deal popping up.

Old 09-07-2015, 07:36 AM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What are you looking to spend?

I have the Corbin Fleetliner bags but they are pricey.
http://corbin.com/harley/dyna/hdfxdfleetbag.shtml

The quality is good and they hold a lot of stuff and are lockable...they are permanent mount since you bolt your signals to the bags.

I found my set on Ebay and with my paint have 1200 into them.

My wife and I have loaded them up pretty good.

Old 09-07-2015, 09:12 AM
JohnMn
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 211 Posts

Best suggestion(?)
Keep an eye on the classifieds here, save a bunch because someone else has sold their bike or changing to something else,,
Get a manual and do you own install,, it's easier then you might think.

Old 09-07-2015, 10:09 AM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 192 Likes on 148 Posts

Viking has some Warrior slant bags that lock also. Truth is there is a ton of options out there all probably less expensive than HD's stuff.

Old 09-07-2015, 11:15 AM
rgb66
Club Member
Received 106 Likes on 71 Posts

-2 on the HD hardbags. They are ~ok if you want to carry a rainsuit and a jacket. The indentations that clear the shocks and the relocated turn signals really decrease the usable volume. I am able to cram a slim notebook and carry bag in one side if I don't want the jacket there.

The rubber gasket on mine was damaged by the staples that held the leather on the lid which let it rattle incessantly (there is no replacement gasket available and Harley said "Oh, so sorry").

I did try the Barebacks witch made it quick to remove but it stuck out quite a bit (noticeable more to me than any one else). I ended up using stainless allthread and acorn nuts to make them fairly quick to remove.

Old 09-07-2015, 04:22 PM
cocky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 152 Likes on 124 Posts

You can get a set from Garry at Leatherpros for cheaper than the HD bags. I have had two pair from them, one my old FXDL and alsom my new deluxe. Second to none and the cam lock system is WAY better than any other removable mechanism.

Old 09-07-2015, 08:16 PM
ToffeeBrown
Cruiser

Check out Fox Creek Leather. They are about 6 hours away from me, but I go there a few times a year for gear. Everything they have is handmade in America and of the HIGHEST quality. Even more important, there customer service is better than any company I have ever dealt with in ANY industry. I can't recommend them enough. They might have a solution for ya!

Old 09-16-2015, 08:13 AM
littledragon
Cruiser

Thanks for all the comments. I am still looking and see there are a bunch of alternatives to HDs overpriced option. The leather Pros option looks good. Thanks again.