Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Don't You Like About Your Street Bob?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 11:30 PM
Looch
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What Don't You Like About Your Street Bob?

Definately not shifting to soon or lugging the motor, vibration starts when I shift to 6th gear and continues up passed 85 mph . Absolutely smooth in all gears,all rpms ,except when im in 6th.
Of course im sure its going to be an issue trying to get it fixed at a dealer, having worked flat-rate at a dealership for 15 years myself , trying to get a tech to take the time to get it on the highway (breaking the law @ 80-85mph) to experience the vibration is NEVER going to happen.

Old 05-13-2007, 11:56 PM
reded
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine seems to have this exact same vibration problem in 6th. No matter what speed I'm running it has a funky, annoying vibration.

Old 05-14-2007, 12:17 AM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

stock seat sucks...oem grips suck.. no tach ! low fuel lite way off... i wish it came in more cool colors...

not that iwould buy one,but at the stealership today. a dude had the sweetest looking yellow road king. and there were 2 screaming eagle kings in the parking lot. awesome. only had 30k in them they said.ouch. i plan on keeping my dyna for sure though for a good long time .
if i had the bucks,i sware i would have about 10 bikes !!! one of them would be a bagger too.

Old 05-14-2007, 02:00 AM
stevieg
Road Warrior

Second that on the colors, Voyager. Personally, not a denim guy. I like shiny. I would love to see a Bob in silver instead of the pewter denim(or is it denim pewter)or pearl white for starters. Maybe a candy red? A little pinstriping wouldn't hurt either. Love the black engine, though.

Old 05-14-2007, 04:39 AM
baxter
Road Warrior

screw the HD catalog....other then nescessary little things, i like what alot of the small custom shops have to offer as far as looks so far, its alil more work but it makes it less cookie cutter and you are less likely to run into someone with the exact same crap on their bike.. i like the simple platform, use your imagination from there.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:52 PM
speed8988
Cruiser

e
Agree on the aftemarket thing and the barrel keys sucks. Also They should have used the 06 rear spocket on the 07.

Old 07-17-2013, 10:13 PM
JgravittJr
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by SPECIAL ED
I'm not really sure where to start, I'm sick of mine but then again that's why it's for sale. OK #1 the "Black Denim" paint is too fragile, but mostly it's just too damn slow and too expensive to make not slow. Resale value of the 06 Bob fell through the floor when the 07s came out with the TC96. This bike could handle well if it had some ground clearance but it doesn't. I didn't think the stock mini apes were comfortable at anything above 65 but I switched em out for some Flanders flat track bars. I thought the stock seat was comfortable enough but the lack of a back seat is totally impractical as it leaves you nowhere to carry anything let alone a passenger. It gets hotter than hell any time your not moving no matter how it's tuned . I've had mixed emotions about this bike from day one,it's the coolest looking and most comfortable bike I've ever owned, it's also one of the slowest and the most boring to ride, it's about as exciting to ride as my Ford Ranger pick up truck.
I love your bars. I want that same type. I don't like the mini apes I have. Also, did you lower yours? If so, what did you use? Also, when you switched to these handle bars, did you have to do anything to the cables, or did it fit as is?

Old 07-18-2013, 09:34 AM
G-Lock
Tourer

Holy revival of an old thread! Why not just send a pm?

Old 07-18-2013, 10:20 AM
LagunaGlide
Road Master
Received 91 Likes on 80 Posts

I am glad I read this thread. I thought about avoiding it since I just ordered mine. Luckily it seems for the most part there are minor complaints and you all love your SB. Feel like I made the right choice.

Old 07-18-2013, 10:37 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

I hate it cause I cannot find a better one, have to stick with my SB forever. It sucks!

Quick Reply: What Don't You Like About Your Street Bob?