Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Don't You Like About Your Street Bob?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 02:14 AM
firefighter3666
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: What Don't You Like About Your Street Bob?

I graduated from an 883 Hugger to my Dyna. There were some cosmetic issues with the stock bike, but that's why the H-D "toy" book sits on the coffee table. My only real complaint is the ground clearance on the pipe side. I learned early in my riding career that grouding pegs was a badge of honor among those that liked twisty roads. Even had a good friend flip up my pegs and comment on the lack of scarring. As such, I learned to rate my performance in the twisties by the presence or absence of sparks flying off my bike. I learned last weekend that there is very little clearance between dragging pegs and dragging pipes. For the record, the feeling of the bike kicking out as the pipes drag.... not a pleasant one.

Old 05-05-2007, 03:38 AM
Dyna3B0B
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally I love my Bob. I just put the 103" kit on it and I'm running those out a set of V&H 2-1 Big Radius with a PCIIIEx. This bike really hauls *** with that 103". It's low ride is one of a kind too. No stock bike is going to be perfect. That's why guys buy Harleys, to customize them. Next I want to throw some foward controls on it but I'm gonna indulge for now.

Old 05-08-2007, 04:29 PM
jskelington
Road Captain

HUH?

Old 05-08-2007, 05:02 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I learned last weekend that there is very little clearance between dragging pegs and dragging pipes. For the record, the feeling of the bike kicking out as the pipes drag.... not a pleasant one.
Have you tried cranking up your stock shocks? This made a big difference with mine I actually get more scraping at low speed hard right angle turns than riding the twistys.I agree though that the clearance on these things is pathetic.

Old 05-08-2007, 08:06 PM
BlueBob
Cruiser

Yes the frickin key is in the worst place possible.
For now, I have double ringed the key to a clip and then clip it on the clutch or brake cable that is like right there.
Now I dont have to worry about losing the key, already had 2 heart attacks when I could'nt find the key when it fell out as I was backing in to park.

Old 05-09-2007, 12:10 AM
crushem77
Tourer

I was really strting to worry when I read the title of this thread and saw that there were 2 pages full of posts.

My only complaint is that I don't have the money to completely customize it and make it mine all at once. I have a plan, just not the funds...not yet, anyway.

Old 05-09-2007, 02:08 AM
madcitycustom
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't like how the bike looks with anything other than a single seat. The mini-apes aren't high enough and need to be changed out. And the mids are a little too cramped for my liking. They also tend to catch the legs on a certain pair of insulated pants when I place my feet down at stops.

Old 05-10-2007, 11:56 AM
Looch
Advanced

Have an 06' Bob and im bummed out about the driveline vibration in 6th gear

Old 05-10-2007, 06:44 PM
Dr_J
Cruiser

Vibration in 6th...you are likely shifting into it at too low an RPM...don't use it at any less than 70-75+ MPH and you will probably see that go away, that has been my experience with mine anyway.

Really not much that I would change on mine...other than what I am changing or have changed to make it "mine"...the key is a pain in the ***, but can be remedied by overturning it a bit when you park the bike...back to making it "mine" though...I just ordered my V&H Big Radius and SERT..both should be here Monday! I'll let everyone know how that goes once I get it all setup and tuned in... Other stuff is just cosmetic thus far I have changed out the grips to the flame grips, added passenger pegs (flame), changed out the mid pegs (flame) put the flame shifter on and will be sanding down and drilling a hole to put the flame break leaver cover on. Have a secondary seat (two upper) for the wife and quick detach sissy bar... This gives me the capability to change between the single seat and two-upper with sissy bar in roughly 60 seconds.

As for my next purchases...need to do something to the air intake but not sure yet, any suggestions are always welcomed! Will likely be relocating the rear license plate to the rear axle and putting smoke lenses on all of the clearance lights and tail light.

Whew..that's it

'07 FXDBI with all the rubbish that I mentioned above...
Dr. J

Old 05-10-2007, 06:56 PM
gorilla
Cruiser

Have you noticed that most of the gripes about this bike are personal preference issues? (With the exception of that cursed key!) My dislike was that the bike was supposed to be old school, but it didn't have a springer front end. Granted, the springer ain't for everybody, but I like it. I now have a HD springer and am getting the few small odds and ends for installing it. Bottom line is the Bob is a great bike with lots of room for personalization. I have been very happy with mine.

Quick Reply: What Don't You Like About Your Street Bob?