Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Don't You Like About Your Street Bob?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 11:29 PM
steelcowboy
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: What Don't You Like About Your Street Bob?

I got to chime in on the key issue and the lack of decent rake also would ha like the 200 standard tire on the bike the 160 looks a little wider than it really is but just not what it could be.

Old 05-03-2007, 12:39 AM
boogiewithtuck
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll jump on the key band wagon; location flat out sucks! I do not call mine a Street Bob...if I'm asked, it's a Dyna Glide- but it is only a name!

Old 05-03-2007, 01:56 AM
Cabo
Road Captain

Key location sucks, needs more power but so do all Harley's, these bikes should all be at least 102 CI out of the crate to compete, must have forward controls, get rid of the stock pipes, I also am not fond of the name. Should also come with the laydown plate holder. All that being said I love the look.

Old 05-03-2007, 02:11 AM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's wrong with the name? And...Newsflash....Not everyone likes forward controls!!

Old 05-03-2007, 02:16 AM
RMBob
Cruiser

Key lock location sucks, but I am glad it is a combo fork lock and ignition key. A friend of mine has a v-rod and left his fork lock locked and started the bike in front of a crowd of spectators. I hear it wasn't a pretty sight.

Wish you didn't have to move turn signals to put decent saddlebags on. Why not just put them somewhere where you don't have to move them.

Battery box band is fugly

stock seat went away as soon as I could get a replacement.

But I love it. I still grin from ear to ear when I ride it. I just need a touring bike as well soI can keep the SB stripped down.

Old 05-03-2007, 02:25 AM
SFD_207
Cruiser

Love the flat black... a Breeze to clean. I have no real major complaints about my 07 SB. I have to agree that the key not staying in SUX... Im not sure how I want to fix that. Would have been better if it came with a combo speedo/tach. and a 200 rear tire also. Other than that ...Without a doubt the best bikein the showroom to me...

Old 05-03-2007, 03:18 AM
baxter
Road Warrior

almost everything that made it different from and or the same as the rest of the dynas has come off the bike and anything thats left will be off soon. i pretty much chose that dyna because of the blacked out motor and trans so it set a good platform for what i wanted to do to it in the long run. so far its looking not to shabby....... they could lose the name.

Old 05-03-2007, 03:37 AM
TOMMAY
Stellar HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Can't believe you guys are still complaining about the key falling out,just turn it to off and move it another fraction of an inch to the left and it won't go anywhere.

Love my bike,but I bought it for what it was, a good foundation to build on. I've made a lot of changes to mine,nothing too drastic,but it fits me just fine. Sure,you got to change out the pipes and intake and something to over-ride the factory emc,but I can live with a little over seventy hp and plenty of torque.

Near about twenty thousand miles on mine in about fourteen months,ride it every day plus plenty of long hauls,seven,eight hundredmiles in a day. Don't know how you could go wrong with a Street Bob,although it may not look very bobbish when you're through with it.

As far as the Denim black paint,mine has stayed outdoors for months at a time at workin the rain and heat of the deep south and it's held up just fine.

Good Luck

Tom

Old 05-03-2007, 03:46 AM
baxter
Road Warrior

damn tommay twenty thousand miles and youve owned your the same amount of time as i... I hate michigan! gotta be awesome to ride all year and not worry bout snow.

Old 05-03-2007, 04:01 AM
WdGldDave
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: grunt

ORIGINAL: AK97fxdwg
ORIGINAL: grunt
ORIGINAL: ktm_scott
I wish the SB had one of those cool 06-07 Wide Glide rear fenders.
They look like a duck's ***.
Hey, be nice! What's wrong with a duck's ***?
Not wide enough (I like big ducks and I cannot lie...)
[sm=funnypostabove.gif][sm=happybounce.gif]

Quick Reply: What Don't You Like About Your Street Bob?