Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Don't You Like About Your Street Bob?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 04:18 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What Don't You Like About Your Street Bob?

[sm=laughat.gif]maybey p[sm=laughat.gif]ut a honda rear fender on it <g> [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 05-02-2007, 04:19 PM
davidchristopher
Cruiser

There's not much I dislike about my 06 SB-I'd really like it to make more power - but I think I'm at the upper end w/o major surgury.I'd love to crack the throttle and lift the front off the ground.

So, my next bike will be a custom chopper.

But, for what you get, it's awesome.

Old 05-02-2007, 04:19 PM
compgeek789
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll add another vote for the horrible key. It seems petty to complain about it, but I've actually found it to be a real pain.

The key won't stay in the lock in any position but "Ignition" or "Accessory". Key will drop out of the lock from any other position. I got stuck at a draw bridge last week (steel grating under me too!) and knew I'd be sitting there for a while, so I turned off the bike. This was a scary proposition, since I knew the key would drop out and down into the ocean below if I didn't have a good hold on it with my gloved hand. Again, a stupid complaint, but with severe consequences considering the situation.

Other than that, I love my Bob and will never regret owning it.

Old 05-02-2007, 04:31 PM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love mine! The only thing I don't like is when I can't be on it. My engine upgrade helped a lot. It halls ***...But it wasn't terrible before either.( I rode abuddy's, I bought mine with the uprgade already done by the dealer--hebuilt it for himself)I can lift the front wheel shifting to second and I feel the shocks bottom out shifting into third. I believe I can lift it then too if I really crackle it.

But most of all, it fits me like a glove. I catch myself thinking that I couldn't be more comfortable in a bark-o- lounger. The mini apes make my arms fall just below my shoulders and there is no stress on the back. I love mid controls since I rode dirt bikes since I was 11 years old. Yet I have highway pegs for a nice change of position when necessary, but I don't use them that much. The six speed is superb. I just love that "quiet cruise" sound you get when it goes down a couple of hundred RPM's on the highway. I would never want another bike unless it was an additional bike. I could care less about resale value since I plan on running it til it dies.

I don't understand the comments about the black denim paint. I love it. Nothing happens to it. I can wipe it with windex, water, formula 33, etc etc.. it just looks better and better all the time.

To sum up: I LOVE IT!

Old 05-02-2007, 04:34 PM
dan69co
Tourer

Only gripe is the pop machine key and that can be fixed. Get the vivid black one, it is faster than the others.

Old 05-02-2007, 04:37 PM
harleyxlc
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Not much I don't like. I find the denim is easy to care for. Power is fine for what it is, if I have to go quicker, I will get on one of my other bikes, but I can keep up pretty well even with the sportbikes.

Clearance is not something I expect from this bike, I raised the rear shock and installed shorter pegs and don't look at the bottom of the muffler. The pegs don't find the ground as often now and I ride the twisties in San Diego almost exclusively, so we have a few turns

Key is poop, which it didn't come out so easily and was up on the dash.

If this was my only bike I might be more concerned about storage, etc, but I think it serves its purpose very well.

Old 05-02-2007, 04:58 PM
pdiddles
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm about 6' tall, and the mid controls were a major pain. Took me about 2 weeks before I switched them out for forwards. Couple other things like the exhaust, but that applies to all stock Harley motorcycles. So far, I really love the bike - I just want to get her broken in so I can get after it a little more. I also own an '03 1200C and it feels like a torqued up monster compared to my '07 Bob, but again that's going to be an issue with all the big v-twins stock, but I'll be adding a 103 kit and some tuning in the near futre to remedy that.

Old 05-02-2007, 05:53 PM
jonpiper
Cruiser

I hate the key and the stock seat .... thats about it really . I love my paint and the overall look of the bike . It handles well and preforms well compared to similiar cruisers . Im still happy with my purchase

Old 05-02-2007, 07:09 PM
CHEESE
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: jstar5744

i love my 06 bob but the only negative is it is hard to buy aftermarket parts for it.....
+1

Just about everything aftermaket is available for softails and 95-05 Dynas. I guess that should improve now that there are multiple model years with the same frame.

Old 05-02-2007, 07:16 PM
Punty
Road Warrior

My short list on this Great Bike

the Key
the HUGE BLINKERS
FootBall
The Stainless looking crap (either Black or Chrome would have looked better)

Quick Reply: What Don't You Like About Your Street Bob?