Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Don't You Like About Your Street Bob?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 03:29 PM
98fxd
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What Don't You Like About Your Street Bob?

ORIGINAL: SPECIAL ED

What about your bike bothers you?
I've had mixed emotions about this bike from day one,it's the coolest looking and most comfortable bike I've ever owned, it's also one of the slowest and the most boring to ride, it's about as exciting to ride as my Ford Ranger pick up truck.
wow ed, you really didn't like your bike... and i hear you on the denim paint. but, you know, the dyna series bikesare the fastest and best handling air cooled harleys right?(v-rod is liquid cooled) i don't know what other bikes you have owned, but the bob, with the exception of the ground clearance, is on par with the rest of the dyna series bikes in performance.power/weight= speed: in 06 the bob/dynahad the exact same power rating as all of the softail series bikes, but weighed less. This years models still weigh the least of all the big twins but actually have higher power ratings than the sloptails. the touring bikes havehigher torgue ratings but only very slightly at higher RPM. unfortunately, you are going to be disappointed with any air-cooled harley if you were disappointed with your bob.

to answer the question at hand: i also dislike the name, the key (although i like it better than my last dyna which was below the seat), and the aluminum derby cover. the other dislikes are not unique to the bob, like the license plate and the turn signals on the handlebars.

Old 05-02-2007, 03:33 PM
Whiffleboy
Road Master

Some of these dislikes should be attributed to the newer Dynas across the board and not just the Street Bob, although, I would disagree with most all complaints discussed here. I like how low my Bob sits and went further to lower it even more. The denim paint is the easiest stuff in the world to clean.

I have no complaints about my Bob compared to the other Dynas, although, it would be cool if it were raked a bit more to further set it apart from the others.

Whiffleboy

Old 05-02-2007, 03:35 PM
deuceroadster
Cruiser

I don't like the fact thet I never seem to have enough time to ride it. Other than that it's great.

Old 05-02-2007, 03:42 PM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mostly disliked the billboard license plate area. But I will switch it when I find an integrate plate/LED setup that makes the entire area flush. May end up talking to CNC shop to get a skull-shaped piece that I can put LEDs in myself.

matkiwi
Road Master

[ol][*]Don't like the key location but haven't got it together to move it yet[*]Seat is fine for me and so are the pegs (29" inside leg)[*]Apes are very comfy with a screen but u become a sail without the screen[*]Handling is fine up to a ton ... after that is gets a weave going in any corner[*]Pegs scrape too easily, on roundabouts especially[/ol]But ... I love it, the colour now the denim is polishing in, the look, the ride position in, not on, the bike, the power ... its a great bike imo.
Mat

Shrug
Elite HDF Member

I wish the SB had one of those cool 06-07 Wide Glide rear fenders.[8D]

Old 05-02-2007, 03:46 PM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: ktm_scott
I wish the SB had one of those cool 06-07 Wide Glide rear fenders.
They look like a duck's ***.

Old 05-02-2007, 03:52 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

on the other hand,i could tell you 100 things i really like about the dyna bob.i have no desire to move to another bike. i wish it came stock with a tach tho. the oem grips suck,and like i said,the oem seat is worth about 5.00 and that is pushing it. one thing that sold me on the bob is the stock mini apes,and the bike just felt like it fit me. the bob is a very good deal i think. many parts to add on to it. some people here says parts hard to find,i do not agree with that one. unlike my last bike (05 sporty),it does not beat me to death and it does not sound like it is going to blow on the interstate....i am not just talking bob's here. all the dyna's are awesome. i do not agree that the 06 is not worth much,not at all. the 07 is not that much faster,if i was still in to speed,i would own a crotch rocket,LOl.. if i has a steet load of money,i would have about 10 bikes,most being a harley,but not all. next ???
by the way,my 06 pulls like a freaking freight train...dang,who says they are slow ~~~ no way.. did i mention i really do like my dyna !!!! sorry to ramble on here... just tossing in my 5 cents worth... very curious to hear other opinions ~~~~
as a sidenote,i have owned a sheet load of bikes thru the years... so far. my dyna bob is my fav.no doubt. my buddy has a softail springer,would i trade him..naaaa... and he paid about 5 or 6 k more for his bike.

Old 05-02-2007, 04:07 PM
AK97fxdwg
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: grunt

Hey, be nice! What's wrong with a duck's ***?

Old 05-02-2007, 04:12 PM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: AK97fxdwg
ORIGINAL: grunt
Hey, be nice! What's wrong with a duck's ***?
Not wide enough (I like big ducks and I cannot lie...)

...aaaanyway, I got the same type DA on my Outlaw. I opted for the fattail on it instead of the 'C' shaped fender.

Quick Reply: What Don't You Like About Your Street Bob?