Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New grips - Low Brow Custom Fish Scale

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 09:45 AM
kngpn
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,138 Likes on 2,682 Posts
Default New grips - Low Brow Custom Fish Scale

Swapped out the stock grips for some Low Brow Custom fish scale grips.

First let me say I hated how the stock grips were fatter on the inside of the bars than the ends. Very unnatural for my grip. Felt like my hands were always sliding outward. Also they were hard and slippery.

I opted to change just the rubber and not get the 80-100 dollar ones with new throttle tube and the whole deal. Just wanted cheap, fast and better feel.

The installation was super easy. You do have to crack open the left control because the stock grips have a lip that goes inside. Then I took a razor to cut lengthwise being careful, especially on the throttle side. Pull the material up when cutting and take multiple light passes. The left grip had factory glue, the right didn't. Clean up the excess glue, rub it with alcohol to finish it up.

Installing the new grips is really easy (for those who have never done it). I took Lenny's idea from the Revzilla videos (love those, very helpful) and poured alcohol on the bars and inside the grip and that gave it enough lubrication to easily stretch over the bars for the installation . Did not need to use any glue, the alcohol evaporates pretty quickly and they are stuck to the bars with no twist.

The LBC fish scale grips are thinner, but softer. I'm not feeling any more vibration, if anything maybe a tad less. Even though I used the existing throttle tube, it feels more peppy because you are getting a ton more traction on the grip.

Sub $20 upgrade.. how often does that happen

Old 08-20-2015, 03:01 PM
CatEyeDallas
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been eyeballing those myself. I've always preferred the cheaper rubber grips since they actually grip, hahaha. My Ourys are about worn out so I might give these a shot. Also, rather than alcohol, I usually use just a touch of hand sanitizer to get them on. Since it's a little thicker, you can smear in on the bar a little easier and it evaporates just the same.

Dallas

Old 08-20-2015, 03:16 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 192 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by CatEyeDallas
I've been eyeballing those myself. I've always preferred the cheaper rubber grips since they actually grip, hahaha. My Ourys are about worn out so I might give these a shot. Also, rather than alcohol, I usually use just a touch of hand sanitizer to get them on. Since it's a little thicker, you can smear in on the bar a little easier and it evaporates just the same.

Dallas

And it kills bacteria!!!

Old 08-20-2015, 05:21 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I have to use larger grips other wise my thumb gets numb.
They are cool looking though.