Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered a 7" headlight bucket

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2015 | 04:22 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by Ironcleveland
Well I couldn't leave it alone. Ended up making a new mount, and am much happier with the placement. It's as close as I could get it to the neck now.

The Phase 7 bulb does stick out past the trim ring, but I had already read that before so it wasn't a surprise. You can get the harley frenched trim ring to bring it flush.

Slyedog, your post about the headlight in your bike build is what sold me on it.
Thanks for trusting my judgement. I went out a limb trying the 7" and have no regrets.
I think you will be very happy with it. The Mount looks much better. The frenched trim ring will be a cosmetic decision. Decide if you like the bucket or not before getting that. Snappy lights on eBay has Adjure blems on the cheap. Get one powder coated black if that's your taste or leave chrome. Just a thought if you decide you are not happy with the bucket you have.

Old 08-22-2015 | 04:39 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 192 Likes on 148 Posts

Does look a lot better with it tucked back a bit. Doesn't seem out of place on your forks either. The bulb "sticking out" thing is probably not a big deal. Cosmetic.

Old 08-23-2015 | 01:43 AM
Ironcleveland
|
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wow

Finally was able to test the new setup at night. I was expecting an improvement, but already had an upgraded bulb in the old bucket. I can honestly say that this blew my expectations away. Not only is it way brighter, but the beam is much wider. The whole road and shoulders are lit up now. Very happy with the results, especially at less than half of what Harley wants for their upgraded bulb.

Old 08-26-2015 | 02:23 AM
Krazy8s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 108 Likes on 74 Posts

Looks good on there!

The puny stock headlight was the first thing to go on my bike, 7 Inch bucket and auxillary light bar from a fatboy work just fine for me

Old 08-26-2015 | 07:19 AM
DJ Jamie
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So about the wiring

Do you have to solder anything for the phase 7, or does it attach to oem plug? I'd like to be able to return to stock....but I really want one of those 7 inch buckets too.

also, can anyone recommend one in chrome?

Thanks

Old 08-26-2015 | 08:28 AM
Ironcleveland
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by DJ Jamie
Do you have to solder anything for the phase 7, or does it attach to oem plug? I'd like to be able to return to stock....but I really want one of those 7 inch buckets too.

also, can anyone recommend one in chrome?

Thanks
No soldering, connects directly to the eom wiring. I didn't modify any of the stock parts, so I can put the stock one back on later if I want.

The bucket I used is an Adjure HB77010. It's basically a copy of a Fat boy bucket. I just removed the harness from it and used my original one from my bike.

Old 09-01-2015 | 10:52 PM
Ironcleveland
|
Tourer

Decided to fix the headlight sticking out of the bucket issue. Was kind of a pain getting the trim ring to fit right, but in the end I'm glad I did. Think it looks much better/complete.

Attached Thumbnails Ordered a 7" headlight bucket-20150901_203901.jpg   Ordered a 7" headlight bucket-20150901_203739.jpg  
Old 09-01-2015 | 11:31 PM
JohnMn
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 211 Posts

Much better!

Old 09-02-2015 | 09:18 AM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 192 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Ironcleveland
Decided to fix the headlight sticking out of the bucket issue. Was kind of a pain getting the trim ring to fit right, but in the end I'm glad I did. Think it looks much better/complete.
Man I knew this was a mistake subscribing to this thread.....now I gotta spend more money!! LOL
Looks damn good!

Old 09-02-2015 | 09:38 AM
altarip55
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a 7" on my 08' FXD for a while. I thought the 5 3/4 didn't look right on the 49mm front end. After 4 months I ended up replacing it with the old 5 3/4 black housing and adding a black daymaker. I love the traditional look of the 5 3/4 housing and man that thing puts out some light. Weird how just a few months changed my mind. Yours looks great btw and I hope you don't change your mind like me. It wasn't cheap!!!

Quick Reply: Ordered a 7" headlight bucket