Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some advice on dealer screw up...*UPDATE*

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007 | 10:56 PM
spn98
6th Gear
Default RE: Need some advice on dealer screw up..*UPDATE*...

Its all about the ride and doing my own work on my bike last week I changed all my fluids checked all my sh*& the dealer can suck my co**

Old 05-10-2007 | 12:06 AM
DenimStreet
|
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: 06FXDCIRider

Sounds like you have found the Service Department from hell. Idiot mechanic, idiot Shop Supervisor. I would seriously consider going to another dealer or evena good independent shop. Here in Missouri I know of guys that drive 150 miles away from one dealer to go to another to get reliable service. Now, that's a real pain in the ***, but you have to get a good wrench to work on your bike.
You are right about that. I've already started to go back to doing some of my own work. I stopped some time ago and I'm not sure why. I worked on my own bikes since I was 12. I guess I just got lazy or too busy. Still, it would be smart to have an independent on hand. It is hard to find one around here. I don't even know where to start.

Old 05-10-2007 | 12:18 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Default RE: Need some advice on dealer screw up.....

ORIGINAL: veniculum

Dude...just go to the dealer and ask who worked on your bike....then wait outside all night until they close up shop....when you see the guy who worked on your bike walk out, grab a crowbar, wrench, the club, whatever...and beat his a$$ senseless. After you beat the sh*t out of him, take that 18 ounces of oil and jam it down his throat.
I bet that ****** will never screw up an oil change again!

Todd
Todd: Quit beatin around the bush.........tell us what you would really do........LMAO

Old 05-10-2007 | 04:16 AM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Default RE: Need some advice on dealer screw up.....

ORIGINAL: KBFXDLI

ORIGINAL: veniculum

Dude...just go to the dealer and ask who worked on your bike....then wait outside all night until they close up shop....when you see the guy who worked on your bike walk out, grab a crowbar, wrench, the club, whatever...and beat his a$$ senseless. After you beat the sh*t out of him, take that 18 ounces of oil and jam it down his throat.
I bet that ****** will never screw up an oil change again!

Todd
Todd: Quit beatin around the bush.........tell us what you would really do........LMAO
I let that one get away from me...sorry bout that

Todd

Old 05-11-2007 | 08:10 PM
Psycho
Road Master

ORIGINAL: DenimStreet

UPDATE: So I went out yesterday morning and found a small puddle of oil under my bike. I immediately checked the drain plug and found that it was almost completely out!!! I had to screw it in with my fingers about 4 revolutions before it was finger tight and then tightened it with a wrench.

Keep in mind that I only have about 100 miles on it since the oil change, so it could not have EVER been tightened!! This is a dealer! So I called them today and told the service manager. Turns out that the young man that did the work is his step son and has a lot of experience. He just said "thats odd"!!

If that plug came out when I was on the highway my engine could have seized and my wheel would have locked up. I told him that could have happened and that he is lucky that I keep an eye on things or they would have been replacing an engine!!!

I don't think they are going to do ANYTHING about it! I paid $79 for that crappy work!!
Only thing to do is do ALL your work yourself. I even did my own warranty work on the last one. Cost money, but it was done right.

While dickering on the new bike this time, the finance manager offered to throw in the 1000 mile service for free. I told him he could put anything he wanted on that paper, but once that bike left, they'd never see it again, unless it completely blew up under warranty. The one armed three eyed ba$tards in the service departments at BOTH dealerships near me, could f'ck up a one can garbage route.