Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some advice on dealer screw up...*UPDATE*

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007 | 12:25 PM
Psycho
Road Master
Default RE: Need some advice on dealer screw up.....

No idea where the oil on the floor could have come from, but it don't sound good.

Oil from the air cleaner should have pooled between the lifter covers.

No idea how you got oil on the front fender. The one time I let mine go to the dealer for service, they did the same thing, and I had oil coming out of the air cleaner. It sprayed down the right side of the bike to the rear, and puddled between the lifter covers over night.

Is there any chance the oil was on the front fender when you left the dealership, and you just didn't notice it till later??? That still wouldn't explain the oil on the floor though.

Old 05-02-2007 | 12:27 PM
Psycho
Road Master

Also, check your oil filter and make sure it is tight.

Could there possibly have been oil sitting in a depression somewhere under the filter that blew up in the updraft created between the front tire and front of engine?? Sure does lose a lot of oil under that filter when you take it loose.

I think if it was me, I might even take the filter loose and examine the gasket.

Old 05-02-2007 | 01:00 PM
DenimStreet
|
Ultimate HDF Member

You know, now that you guys mention it. It could have been puddled up there when I left the dealer and the vibrations caused it to splash onto the fender. I only rode 20 or 22 miles. When I stopped, the excess worked its way down to the floor. I haven't had a drop since.

Does that sound feasible. If so, it is just proof of more sloppy work at the dealer!!![:@]

Old 05-02-2007 | 02:08 PM
veniculum
Road Warrior

Dude...just go to the dealer and ask who worked on your bike....then wait outside all night until they close up shop....when you see the guy who worked on your bike walk out, grab a crowbar, wrench, the club, whatever...and beat his a$$ senseless. After you beat the sh*t out of him, take that 18 ounces of oil and jam it down his throat.
I bet that ****** will never screw up an oil change again!

Todd

Old 05-02-2007 | 04:09 PM
DenimStreet
|
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: veniculum

Dude...just go to the dealer and ask who worked on your bike....then wait outside all night until they close up shop....when you see the guy who worked on your bike walk out, grab a crowbar, wrench, the club, whatever...and beat his a$$ senseless. After you beat the sh*t out of him, take that 18 ounces of oil and jam it down his throat.

Todd
Wellnow, there's an option.......[sm=helpout.gif][sm=scared09.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=escape.gif]

Old 05-02-2007 | 05:29 PM
stevieg
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: jandlcars

Hay That is Not Bad i am banned from whay was my dealer starting with there screw up pinched rear tube 70 mph blow out fr starters
read broke off brake 06 wide glide
Huh?

Old 05-02-2007 | 06:28 PM
zippo201
Cruiser

Upon getting my bike home from its 1000 K service I found that the stealer had put too much oil in. I also noticed that when they pulled the oil filter that they just let the oil drain straight out all over the frame and didn't clean it up. Needless to say I was Pissed and let them know it. I got a free oil change and detail card for my next visit. I've changed my own oil since.

Old 05-02-2007 | 06:57 PM
Rebel Ryder
Outstanding HDF Member

had to be the filter and oil pooling (engine) from its change. probably didn't even finger tighten itor maybe the filter gasket failed under the pressure.

just repeating - gotta do everything yourself nowadays.[:@]

Old 05-02-2007 | 06:59 PM
Rebel Ryder
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: jandlcars

Hay That is Not Bad i am banned from whay was my dealer starting with there screw up pinched rear tube 70 mph blow out fr starters
read broke off brake 06 wide glide

There Are Thoes That Ride And Thoes That Think They Ride
there are those who think they can spell and those that use spellcheck.

Old 05-02-2007 | 09:06 PM
mud
muderator
Riders Club Member

dStreet, you have checked on their tightening of your oil filter
and the drain plug - right??

Primary and tranny as well, if they "serviced" those cavities.

Todd, you could do that in the sixties.
Oh wait - you're in Joisey. Still legal up there??

mud

ORIGINAL: DenimStreet

ORIGINAL: veniculum

Todd
Wellnow, there's an option.......[sm=helpout.gif][sm=scared09.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=escape.gif]

Quick Reply: Need some advice on dealer screw up...*UPDATE*