Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 dyna lowrider handlebar/fairing question

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2015 | 01:48 PM
Pablo M
|
Novice
Default 2015 dyna lowrider handlebar/fairing question

Can someone direct me to any threads regarding upgrading my bars and adding a fairing. The setup on the lowrider is different than most harleys. Looking to do either 10inch tbars or apes..parts needed, difficulty and where to buy is much appreciated...

Old 08-09-2015 | 07:14 PM
Lama
Road Captain

This has been discussed in the 2014 FXDL thread.

To recap:

Most of the people remove the stock riser/top headlight visor mount. They then source a bottom mount headlight bucket from eBay or wherever and use a standard Dyna bottom mount headlight block and bolt. This allows the installation of "normal" risers of your choice.

I did it a different way but we won't get into that.

10" total rise with T Bars or tall risers/ bars can be achieved using all the stock cables, brake lines and wires but you will have to keep the bars narrow no more than 29" wide. The clutch cable will be at its maximum length and needs to be re-routed inside the frame downtubes. The front brake line elbow at the master cyl will need rebend downwards.

If you are installing APES then you can just leave the stock risers and headlight, and run a narrower style ape hanger bar that's around 8" total rise as the stock risers are already 2" rise when adjusted to the lowest setting. Or you can eliminate the headlight/ riser combo and go standard stub risers.

The more you get into big ape hangers the more you will most likely need to use Street Bob cables and an extended brake line setup.

As far as fairings go you don't specify which fairing so I'm guessing that the Harley sportster quarter fairing is the easiest install. You have to use Bung King 49mm adapter mounts with Harley quick release clamps. This setup works on both the bottom mount headlight and the stock FXDL top mount visor headlight.

All in all it can take a whole bunch of parts and work to setup, or not many parts but still a lot of setup. If you are not mechanically inclined you may want to farm out the work, just be honest with yourself on the scope of the project.

As far as listing what parts are needed you have to clearly define the exact bars/fairing combo you are using to get a correct helpful reply.

Browse the forum: Club Thug Style or 2014 FXDL threads ....and see what setup you want then build to suit.

Old 08-09-2015 | 07:40 PM
Pablo M
|
Novice

Much appreciated...to be honest im not exactly which route i wanted to go. Just suggestions or personal experience with what others have done with the fxdl. Ill definetly search the threads you recommended ..