Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FIX My HOG DVD

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 04:11 AM
bikecop40
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FIX My HOG DVD

Has anyone out there purchased the Fix my Hog DVD for the Dyna / Softail? and was it worth the $$$$. I bought the one they had for the Sportster and found it to be very helpful, Or is there another company out there that produces a DVD on serviceing the Dyna models, I picked up the service manual for the Dyna at the cost of 58.00 also the cost of the 1000 mile service at the HD dealer $245.00 non syn
thanks
D/C

Old 05-01-2007, 09:20 AM
RazorFXDB
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FIX My HOG DVD

Bump ... I'd be interested to hear some reviews on this.

I could see this quickly becoming my favorite DVD.

Old 05-01-2007, 09:55 AM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member

i think we are would like to hear more about the dvd. anything would be better than spending the money that the dealer wants.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:55 AM
Sinkinfast
Tourer

I got the Sporty DVD, and would like the Dyna/Softtail DVD, but I would also like to hear if it's is as good.
Problem is there isn't a Dyna specific DVD, it's softtail, and the Dyna/Softtail DVD is "Bolt on performance" so it makes me think it covers mods not maintenance
Anyone got these?

Old 01-12-2009, 04:52 PM
moulin6801
Advanced

I am considering the the Touring DVD for my 09 Street glide. Do you think it is worth it???
I hope they would give the HDForum members a discount!!!
David

Old 01-12-2009, 07:01 PM
mud
muderator
Received 9,111 Likes on 2,120 Posts

Originally Posted by moulin6801

I am considering the the Touring DVD for my 09 Street glide. Do you think it is worth it???
I hope they would give the HDForum members a discount!!!
David

moulin, they will be able to give you more info on
the Touring DVD for your 09 Street glide

in the Touring Room.

Ask over here...............

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri.../?daysprune=-1

Old 01-12-2009, 08:47 PM
dbcoooper
Cruiser

ive also wondered about these dvd's, and have posted last year and got about the same number of responces... not sure why but it does not seem to be popular. Personally I would think most of the maint in sporty dvd would be would be universal to all harley's i.e clutch maint, fluids, and axels.... no?

Dave

Old 01-13-2009, 10:00 AM
rdondes
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No. Most things are in different places. The purpose of buying a DVD is to see the real thing for YOUR bike - not for some other bike. Otherwise, you could buy a DVD for fixing a Honda in order to repair your Ford - after all, both have an engine, oil and a transmission...

Old 01-13-2009, 10:02 AM
rdondes
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So far no one has answered the question, is the Fix My Hog DVD worth getting. Is it?

Old 01-13-2009, 11:06 AM
luckyB
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Althought I ride a Fat Bob, I have the Softail Edition maintenance DVD and the Softail/Dyna Bolt-On DVD. They don't make a Dyna Edition maintenance DVD.

I got the Softail maintenance DVD awhile back as a gift... I went through it once but didn't learn too much new. Most of what is covered on the maintenance DVD I already knew how to do (e.g. fluid change, brake pad change, spark plugs, etc.), so I would not have paid for it.

I bought the Bolt-On DVD with a discount code late last year, so I paid around $40 for it. Although they cover some of the same procedures three times (clutch cables, throttle cables, brake lines) they are on different bikes. I would have liked to see a few more bolt-ons covered (rather than the same thing 3 times); however, I think it was worth the $40.

I got an email from them last fall sometime. They were planning to shoot new footage of some additional procedures... may want to wait a bit (or call them) to see if updated DVDs are coming out soon.

Quick Reply: FIX My HOG DVD