Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EL Hefe Kinky bar (with a few pics)

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2015 | 11:33 PM
kngpn
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Default EL Hefe Kinky bar (with a few pics)

The El Hefe "kinky" bar showed up at my doorstep yesterday. $139 shipped. I got the 24"

Here's a few install pics and the finished product. There were no instructions but it was pretty straight forward.

The finish was great, I don't see any bite marks near the bends.

For install ease, reflector is coming off.

Hair dryer makes short work.

Finish it up with goo gone to remove any residual glue. Tape the sides of your fender so you don't scratch it during installation as you will have to spread it over the fender.

Remove the seat. It helps give you more wiggle room with the fender during installation. I put a towel over the tank and did the front first. You will have to remove the bolts obviously. A trick I did was to use some rubber hand clamps to keep the internal wire management & mount bar secure and aligned on the inside of the fender.

One thing to note: I did have to take a file to make the holes a bit bigger on the side plate mounts of the Hefe so it would fit over the nub between the fender and fender rail. Not too much.. it was probably fine until they painted it.

Loosely tighten the front, then just carefully stretch it and bring the bar back so you can mount the rear bolts. You can see the cutout on the side plate. That is to allow the wires from the turn signals to go in so they don't get crimped. Again the hand clamps are very helpful here as the rear bolts are a bit more of a pita as the turn signals use them as well.

In my case, I have the HD plate relocation kit, so I found out the stock rear bolts wouldn't be long enough for both the kit and bar. The stock bolts are 5/16 x 2.5 inches, course thread. I went to the hardware store and picked up some stainless steel 5/16 x 2 & 3/4 inch course thread bolts. I needed to jack the bike up a bit so the suspension dropped to get them in. Again no big deal and I didn't have to remove the shocks or anything. Tighten everything and you're good to go.

I'm very happy with the purchase and think it looks pretty good, especially for the money. It also means no more backpack

Last edited by kngpn; 03-22-2016 at 12:52 PM.
Old 07-25-2015 | 11:51 PM
jeffbetrollin
Tourer

Looks damn good, especially with that seat

Old 07-25-2015 | 11:55 PM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

Looks awesome!
Do they have these for Softails?

Old 07-26-2015 | 12:19 AM
kngpn
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by jeffbetrollin
Looks damn good, especially with that seat

Thanks. That's the Mustang Squareback seat. I like it, but you can see from my sig pic, it looks like something is missing. I think this bar compliments it very well.

Last edited by kngpn; 07-26-2015 at 12:26 AM.
Old 07-26-2015 | 12:21 AM
kngpn
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Road Star
Looks awesome!
Do they have these for Softails?

It looks like Sportsters and Dyna's only on their site, but you never know. Might be worth an email. Here's the link:

http://slimsfabfarm.com/

Old 07-26-2015 | 08:33 AM
Robbie13
LOSER

I clicked on this thinking I was going to see pictures of a night out at a local bar. When I open my own bar, I will name it this...

Last edited by Robbie13; 07-26-2015 at 01:23 PM.
Old 07-26-2015 | 09:23 AM
Krazy8s
Outstanding HDF Member

me likey.

Old 07-27-2015 | 11:38 AM
user 8382390
Banned
Default A little jealous

Well, I have to say I am a little jealous. Got my 24 inch for miy wide glide about 3 weeks ago. At that time the only showed the straight bar on line so that's what I got although I would have loved to get one with the kink. Did you request that special or do they offer that option now? Too late for me to change but you sure can't beat the price compared to others I have seen. Darn sure wasn't worth another 200 bucks to get one with a kink from the fab shop in Houston. Now if slim would just bore those holes and slots a 1/32 larger....

Old 07-27-2015 | 11:41 AM
emperor wurm
Road Warrior

looks killer, do they have a pad you can add?

Old 07-27-2015 | 03:59 PM
kngpn
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Widm118
Well, I have to say I am a little jealous. Got my 24 inch for miy wide glide about 3 weeks ago. At that time the only showed the straight bar on line so that's what I got although I would have loved to get one with the kink. Did you request that special or do they offer that option now? Too late for me to change but you sure can't beat the price compared to others I have seen. Darn sure wasn't worth another 200 bucks to get one with a kink from the fab shop in Houston. Now if slim would just bore those holes and slots a 1/32 larger....
They offer it now.. they call it the kinky el hefe.. as soon as I saw it I pulled out the credit card and ordered.

Quick Reply: EL Hefe Kinky bar (with a few pics)