Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EL Hefe Kinky bar (with a few pics)

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2017 | 12:26 PM
eleutheros
Road Master

This string is a year old, but I just got my new (used) 2016 SB, and I'm looking for a sissy bar.
This one seems to fit the bill. I still don't see a luggage rack available on their site but I'll ask them.
QUESTION: can anyone tell me if this bar is really strong enough for a passenger backrest?
It has to be plenty strong to add a backrest/armrest for my wife plus a weekend bag on the back.
Never had a tall one, and I'd like to go with the tallest, but all the dealer ones (always one piece with luggage rack) I've had in the past have held everything I could pack on.

Thanks.

Old 12-08-2017 | 05:32 PM
OldManLeadSled
Cruiser

Originally Posted by sdrawkcabssa
Thought I'd add some pictures of my sissy bar to compliment this thread instead of start my own. This is the same exact sissy bar, it's the 30 inch variant; 16' street bob

Didn't have to modify anything on the bar, mounted right up no issues

Very, very nice ride.
What brand are those saddlebags and handlebar pouch? Or did you make them?

Old 12-09-2017 | 03:03 PM
Davdoodles
Tourer

Originally Posted by eleutheros
This string is a year old, but I just got my new (used) 2016 SB, and I'm looking for a sissy bar.
This one seems to fit the bill. I still don't see a luggage rack available on their site but I'll ask them.
QUESTION: can anyone tell me if this bar is really strong enough for a passenger backrest?
It has to be plenty strong to add a backrest/armrest for my wife plus a weekend bag on the back.
Never had a tall one, and I'd like to go with the tallest, but all the dealer ones (always one piece with luggage rack) I've had in the past have held everything I could pack on.

Thanks.
Don't know first-hand about the El Hefe bar, but I have a very similar one from Tophand Ventures (run by a a guy called Ray Bowman), and it's built like a tank, really strong, will easily support a passenger and bags etc tied on it. So, I'd guess the El Hefe is the same.

Old 12-10-2017 | 03:00 PM
Tomahawk309
Tourer

Originally Posted by OldManLeadSled
Very, very nice ride.
What brand are those saddlebags and handlebar pouch? Or did you make them?
I was looking at those bags to. The best I can tell is that its a Condor utility shoulder bag that he adapted to the bike. $20 on amazon. The handlebar pouch is a small tactical pouch that is fairly easy to find on the net

https://www.condoroutdoor.com/Condor-137.aspx

https://www.condoroutdoor.com/ma8utilitypouch.aspx

Old 12-11-2017 | 07:23 PM
eleutheros
Road Master

Originally Posted by Davdoodles
Don't know first-hand about the El Hefe bar, but I have a very similar one from Tophand Ventures (run by a a guy called Ray Bowman), and it's built like a tank, really strong, will easily support a passenger and bags etc tied on it. So, I'd guess the El Hefe is the same.
Thanks. Good to know. Now just gotta find good prices for a bar kit and pad.