Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performance Forks

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 09:07 PM
HighonHarley
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Forks

Looking to put some performance forks on my Dyna. Looking for recommendations, something to improve handling. I've seen pictures of guys running Ohlins or Buell forks on thier Dynas (or something to that effect).

Old 07-24-2015, 02:13 AM
fxdlx
Road Master
Received 98 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by HighonHarley
Looking to put some performance forks on my Dyna. Looking for recommendations, something to improve handling. I've seen pictures of guys running Ohlins or Buell forks on thier Dynas (or something to that effect).
You can make the forks you have work like performance forks using a brace and race tech kit. There are lots of upgrades available for your 39mm front end.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:31 AM
union53
Road Captain
Received 92 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by HighonHarley
Originally Posted by fxdlx
You can make the forks you have work like performance forks using a brace and race tech kit. There are lots of upgrades available for your 39mm front end.
You'll get better performance with the race tech stuff but you won't get the same level you would if you put a cartridge kit (if they are made for your bike) or a cartridge fork like ohlins. The tunability is far beyond what race tech can give with their emulators.

The trade off is money. It's going to cost you a lot more to do the front end correctly with a good fork then to toss in a set of emulators. Not only will you need the fork but you will need a set of triple clamps. Motorcycle Metal makes a complete kit. It's pricey but you would probably spend more trying to piece it together yourself.

Depending on what you get. In addition to getting the better fork like an ohlins fork you will also be upgrading your brakes. The ohlins stuff comes with a radial mount for the brakes. You will need a different caliper then what comes stock.

If you have machining skills or friends that do then you can go the route I'm heading down. I'm adapting a set of forks off one of my old supermoto race bikes. It's going to be quite the project once I get time to figure it out but it will have good performance and looks when I finish.

Old 07-24-2015, 09:06 AM
NuckaMan
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

How deep are your pockets? You got the money, the world is your oyster....

http://store.bigbearchoppers.com/titanium-front-end/

A front-end if you don't want to mess around. Overkill for any Harley in my opinion, but some serious bling.

Old 07-24-2015, 07:07 PM
HighonHarley
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right on thanks for the info. I've got a fork brace now, I'll look into the ride techs springs/emulators. I wasn't sure how steep it was to get actually different fork set ups but my pockets aren't that deep. What do the emulator/springs do?

Old 07-24-2015, 08:17 PM
turtlspd
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I changed out a couple of months ago to the "race tech gold valves and springs". BIG DIFFERENCE, however I'm still noticing some wobble in the turns so a fork brace will definitely be next (i was already considering this).