Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakn led taillight, brake light on all the time.02 Fxd

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 11:54 PM
shiftace
Road Warrior
Received 831 Likes on 376 Posts
Default Kuryakn led taillight, brake light on all the time.02 Fxd

Picked up a kury led taillight assy, (just the taillight, not the panacea one with turn sigs). Thought this is plug and play, but some weirdness is up. When plugged in with the supplied adapter wire, the brake light is on all the time. No matter what position the brake lever or pedal is in. It's like the brake is on, but neither are. I'm not running turn signals and the stock 1157 buld taillight works perfectly. Is there a reason I'd have to run a load equalizer? Again, its not the run/brake/turn panacea light, just the regular led run/brake. Any ideas??

Old 07-20-2015, 01:43 AM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by shiftace
Picked up a kury led taillight assy, (just the taillight, not the panacea one with turn sigs). Thought this is plug and play, but some weirdness is up. When plugged in with the supplied adapter wire, the brake light is on all the time. No matter what position the brake lever or pedal is in. It's like the brake is on, but neither are. I'm not running turn signals and the stock 1157 buld taillight works perfectly. Is there a reason I'd have to run a load equalizer? Again, its not the run/brake/turn panacea light, just the regular led run/brake. Any ideas??
Sounds like it's using power from the running lights for some reason. Check your bikes color schematic for what color is which function and trace where the adapter plugs in and follow from there. Does the light function as a run and stop or just stop? Don't think a load equalizer is needed but may need a run/brake control. Kurt has all the manuals on their site if you don't have it.