Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Further forward mid control kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2015 | 12:27 AM
DonN
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by big ron
It has to do with the design of the headers. Mine are split around the cam so the space for the controls is pretty tight and the brake had to be set low; you get used to it. If your headers both rap around the front similar to the stock fxdl headers you would not have this issue. Check with the manufacturer to see if they fit and fxdl and you should be good.
+1 on this as I have the same 2-1 set up. I couldnt remember why I didnt adjust the lever to go higher, but I guess this pretty much explains it.

I also definitely feel more vibrations on the lever, but not a big deal.

Old 07-15-2015 | 09:02 AM
apblingAEW
|
Road Captain

The couple guys that found low rider take-offs from ebay - how did you search for them? Did you use the part number or just "2014 low rider controls". I am finding alot of aftermarket foward and mids, but not exactly what I'm looking for yet.

Old 07-15-2015 | 09:12 AM
apblingAEW
|
Road Captain

nevermind - I went to HD's website - the Part number is different than other non-stock stuff, so I assumed the number is the same for the kit as well as the oem number off the low rider. - long story short, I got a complete chrome set on ebay. Little more than what some ppl got there's for, but still much less than new.

If she don't like them, keep an eye on the classifieds section

Last edited by apblingAEW; 07-17-2015 at 07:31 PM.
Old 07-15-2015 | 09:24 AM
apblingAEW
|
Road Captain

So the ebay auction includes the linkages and the shift arm that goes through the primary - the HD kit does not include that, just brackets, shifter and brake - hopefully its just that simple - really don't wanna have to mess with swapping out the shift rod. I'm guessing the guy selling these went to full forwards, and all these parts are included because he doesn't need them.

Old 07-15-2015 | 09:30 AM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by MAJ Ethanolic
Anyone know if these will fit on a fat bob?
If your Fat Bob has forward controls this is not a simple switch out. The these are for a Dyna with mid-controls.

Old 07-15-2015 | 09:59 AM
MAJ Ethanolic
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Antonio *****
If your Fat Bob has forward controls this is not a simple switch out. The these are for a Dyna with mid-controls.
I have mid controls now. I decided not to go with forward controls because the air filter makes it a little awkward. But wouldn't mind a "little" further forward.

Old 07-15-2015 | 01:45 PM
big ron
Tourer

Originally Posted by MAJ Ethanolic
I have mid controls now. I decided not to go with forward controls because the air filter makes it a little awkward. But wouldn't mind a "little" further forward.

You have the same frame. Your mid control mounts on your frame are in the same location as mine. I have had stock mids, forwards and now modified mids. Your shift rod will connect in the same spot as your mids; its just a longer arm. Be sure to get all the linkage arms and you will be fine.

Old 07-15-2015 | 01:59 PM
charger426
Cruiser

Originally Posted by big ron
It has to do with the design of the headers. Mine are split around the cam so the space for the controls is pretty tight and the brake had to be set low; you get used to it. If your headers both rap around the front similar to the stock fxdl headers you would not have this issue. Check with the manufacturer to see if they fit and fxdl and you should be good.
When I bought my bike I felt like I didn't have any rear brakes. While I was bleeding them I noticed that the brake lever would hit the V&H Big Shots before it bottom out. So I adjusted the brake lever up and its working great now. Wonder if these would work with the V&H big shots.

Old 07-15-2015 | 06:43 PM
b1u
Advanced

Originally Posted by apblingAEW
nevermind - I went to HD's website - the Part number is different than other non-stock stuff, so I assumed the number is the same for the kit as well as the oem number off the low rider. - long story short, I got a complete chrome set on ebay, 145. Little more than what some ppl got there's for, but still much less than new.

If she don't like them, keep an eye on the classifieds section

Would you be so kind as to enlighten those of us that are eagerly searching Ebay? What exaclty did you search for? I've tried a few variations of "further forward mid controls" with no luck. Also tried the HD p/n. Nothing there either. I'd love to ride the coat tails of your hard work

Old 07-15-2015 | 07:22 PM
apblingAEW
|
Road Captain
Default Further forward mid control kit

Lol - all I did was search for the part number and the one I bought was the only one that showed up. I tried several variations of searches with no luck. Either new aftermarket forward sets or 101 2001 wide glide take offs. Guess I got lucky.

If the wife doesn't like them I'll post them in the classified section.

Quick Reply: Further forward mid control kit