Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help With Building This Please :)

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 12:25 PM
Big Tav
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help With Building This Please :)

Hi guys, I am looking to buy a HD again and was thinking about a Fatbob but then I saw this bike! I love it! Can someone who knows what they are looking at here run through the parts required and approximate cost? Also what is the best bike to start with to save on costs?

To me it looks like a Street Bob with denim paint
V&H Slash cuts
Screaming Eagle Breather ( A Heavy Breather is nice too)
La Pera Single seat
Rear Fender (which is it)
Progressive Rear Shocks
Mini Apes
Forward controls
Upgraded wheels. The front looks like a 21 inch 60 spoke? Is the rear wheel different?

Just to confirm do all Street bobs come with a 1584? Is this ok for this bike or am I better off with a 1690 Fatbob?

Thanks guys.

Attached Thumbnails Help With Building This Please :)-img_1127.jpg  
Old 07-09-2015, 12:38 PM
cprhed
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,091 Likes on 630 Posts

Too bad there isn't a rear angle of it. To me it looks like they just cut off the fender and the frame rails that run down the fender. I did a similar build on an old honda for a guy several years ago. Looks good except the fender is a bit short. I would not shorten it past the top center of the tire. Will not keep any road grime off your back at this short length.

Old 07-09-2015, 01:53 PM
MFC
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Its a BOB...and that is a stock fender that he cut and has attatched to the struts still... If I am not mistaken I think he has since replaced that with a Rocket Bob rear fender.

Old 07-09-2015, 02:16 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Hey, MFC, is that a custom seat pan on your ride? I've been looking for one with a big tail. I'm leaning toward a Redtail pan at the moment. I may email him and ask if he would make a long tail.

Old 07-09-2015, 02:19 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member

I believe that's Bosken's. https://www.hdforums.com/g/user/38254

...and, yeah, the bike has a strut chop, severe fender chop (looks like there is only about 8" of it left...just enough to anchor the seat it), Kellerman tail lights, lowering blocks, narrow trees (I think), no front signals (that I can see). Looks like shaved lower sliders and flush axle, too.

Last edited by cggorman; 07-09-2015 at 02:32 PM.
Old 07-09-2015, 03:14 PM
MFC
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

It is a Jesse James Seat Pan I got off of Ebay... pretty good price... i wanna say 78 bucks ...dont quote me on that... depending on the way you mount it on the bike will determine how well it does keeping your butt in the seat when you hammer down.

Originally Posted by cggorman
Hey, MFC, is that a custom seat pan on your ride? I've been looking for one with a big tail. I'm leaning toward a Redtail pan at the moment. I may email him and ask if he would make a long tail.

Old 07-09-2015, 05:37 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by MFC
It is a Jesse James Seat Pan I got off of Ebay... pretty good price... i wanna say 78 bucks ...dont quote me on that... depending on the way you mount it on the bike will determine how well it does keeping your butt in the seat when you hammer down.
Thanks for the tip.

I was planning on fabbing up a super-low hinged mounting plate that would pull triple duty as quick-access battery cover, seat mount, and cosmetic trim.

I could cut and roll my own classic flat front pan, but I don't trust myself to do a compound curve on the front like Redtail does.

Old 07-18-2015, 06:52 PM
Big Tav
Advanced

Originally Posted by cggorman
I believe that's Bosken's. https://www.hdforums.com/g/user/38254

...and, yeah, the bike has a strut chop, severe fender chop (looks like there is only about 8" of it left...just enough to anchor the seat it), Kellerman tail lights, lowering blocks, narrow trees (I think), no front signals (that I can see). Looks like shaved lower sliders and flush axle, too.
Thanks mate, does anyone know how to get in touch with Bosken?

Old 07-18-2015, 07:51 PM
gfroy91
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help With Building This Please :)

Nice looking bike. I think you pretty much have it covered in what you need. Just to clarify not all Street Bob's have the 96 ci motor. Not sure what years they became available but I have a 2013 with the 103. This is of course a slight upgrade in cc's from 1,584 to 1,690.

Old 07-19-2015, 04:31 PM
Big Tav
Advanced

I think I have found bosken in Sweden. He has a website that he might come back to me I hope but so far I have this:

Street Bob with denim paint
V&H Big Radius 2-2
Screaming Eagle Breather ( A Heavy Breather is nice too)
Le Pera Bare Bones Seat
Rear Fender (which is it)
Progressive Rear Shocks and front Springs
Mini Apes
Forward controls
21x3.5 Spoked Wheel with 120/70-21 Not Sure if it's a 60 or 80 spoke?
18 x5.5 200/55-18 Same on spokes?

Does that all sound right? I would put a small front fender on it too.

Do you think this is a fairly easy and cheap build?

Quick Reply: Help With Building This Please :)