Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to join the Dyna Family

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2015 | 09:50 PM
charger426
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Chase1961
Take the seat off and turn it over. You should see a part #. Do a search of the part # and you'll know what you have.
Good idea. Will do that tomorrow...fingers crossed for a reduced reach seat with that being the reason the seating area feels so small.

Old 06-21-2015 | 09:53 PM
JohnMn
Outstanding HDF Member

That's not the stock seat, and those are Big Shot's.
There's all kinds of extra wires on that bike, the wiring harness(s) have leads for stuff the European market requires that's not used here stateside.
Plus depending on what controller he used for the stage 1 they may or may not be using the O2 sensors.
Here's mine, Mustang seat, Kuryakyn Forwards and V&H Big Shots;

Last edited by JohnMn; 06-21-2015 at 09:56 PM.
Old 06-22-2015 | 07:23 AM
charger426
|
Cruiser

I havnt found a controller yet. While I was there with the guy I asked about the tuner and he said he had no idea as he just bought it to flip it. We did take the seat off while I was there (before I thought about looking for a part # on the seat) and didnt see a controller sitting there. I need to take the batter cover off anyway to put on the quick disconnect for the batter tender, I'll take off both sides and see if I can find a controller. Hopefully its a decent one that I can get an autotuner for it as I'm looking to do cams and big bore in the future.

Old 06-22-2015 | 01:01 PM
Chase1961
Road Captain

It may not have a tuner installed. The prior owner may have had a stage one download done.

Old 06-22-2015 | 01:07 PM
charger426
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Chase1961
It may not have a tuner installed. The prior owner may have had a stage one download done.
Huh didnt know their was such a thing. When I did pipes and drop in filter on my sportster I just used some O2 sensor sims (Xied?)

Old 06-22-2015 | 05:35 PM
JohnMn
Outstanding HDF Member

Yep, Chase makes a good point,, the dealer has a "flash" down-load to the ecm that adds a bit more fuel. Compensates for the extra air while keeping it EPA exhaust compliant.
I'm using PCV with a canned tune from FuelMoto, but I plan no further upgrades to this bike than stage 1. There was definitely a + change to performance, I could probably get a bit more from a $400 dyno tune but I'm content.
I'll throw the money at suspension and lighting instead.

Old 06-22-2015 | 06:50 PM
Carl '69
Outstanding HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Looks like it may have one of the "reduced reach" seats, which won't help your seating position at all. Then again, at 6'2", mid controls might end up being all wrong for you. I'm only 5'7", with 31" inseam & I can't stand mids (floorboards for me).

Old 06-22-2015 | 08:14 PM
charger426
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by JohnMn
Yep, Chase makes a good point,, the dealer has a "flash" down-load to the ecm that adds a bit more fuel. Compensates for the extra air while keeping it EPA exhaust compliant.
I'm using PCV with a canned tune from FuelMoto, but I plan no further upgrades to this bike than stage 1. There was definitely a + change to performance, I could probably get a bit more from a $400 dyno tune but I'm content.
I'll throw the money at suspension and lighting instead.
I need to take bike apart some to install my quick disconnect for my battery tender so I'll take the other cover off to see if i see a tuner. Either way I know I want to get a tuner with auto-tune capabilities. I'm planning on doing a big bore kit and cam shafts down the road.

Old 06-22-2015 | 08:16 PM
charger426
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Carl '69
Looks like it may have one of the "reduced reach" seats, which won't help your seating position at all. Then again, at 6'2", mid controls might end up being all wrong for you. I'm only 5'7", with 31" inseam & I can't stand mids (floorboards for me).
So I wanted the mids for this bike. The sportster I'm coming form has forward controls and yes whiles it a little more comfortable I like having my feet under me when maneuvering. Figured midd with floorboards and highway pegs would be the best of both worlds. Thats how my Ultra is set up and I love it.

Old 06-23-2015 | 06:45 PM
charger426
|
Cruiser

So I was just working on my bike and I noticed some pipe plugs in the back of the pipes. I'm assuming that means they bypassed the O2 senses since their are no more. Does that mean the bike had a dealer flash done?

Quick Reply: Looking to join the Dyna Family