Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kickstand

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 03:51 PM
Bassman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Kickstand

ORIGINAL: xtrlo

Hey Burple - I checked HD's sitefor that part number and it doesn't exist? Is it on their site?
I put 11s on my scoot, ended up with a shorter stand from J&P and the damn thing rusted to hell and really looks bad.
Thanks for any info.

-di
It does exist[sm=trust_me.gif] Go to http://chicagoharley.com/ and input the same part number and it will appear

H-D website does not list a lot of HD parts that online suppliers such as Chicago & zanotti list

Old 04-30-2007, 04:06 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In looking at the HD kickstand, they all seem to be pretty well made and if they're anything like the stock units, pretty indestructible too.

Old 05-02-2007, 04:16 AM
HANDLER
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hum, my 07 superglide is lowered with 11" shocks and I.ve had no problem at all with the sidestand.
Give me an idea of what you guys are experiencing please?
Mike

Old 05-02-2007, 04:58 AM
16over
Road Master

11"ers here too with no problem.

Old 05-02-2007, 06:30 AM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: camper1

I bought my 07 Low rider and had the dealer lower the suspension. They too put on the shorter kickstand... and the bike has very little lean when on the kickstand. The next attempt is to heat it and just bend the crap out of it. For the past 3 weeks, I've been very careful where I park it, and then I leave my helmet on the left hand mirror for some extra weight. Somebody didn't think the kickstand problem through in my opinion.
Unless you are still wearing that helmet when you put it on the bike, it ism't going to help!!!

Old 05-02-2007, 12:13 PM
xtrlo
Advanced

ORIGINAL: Bassman

Hey Bassman,
Thanks!It's there, alright.

Hey Burple - I checked HD's sitefor that part number and it doesn't exist? Is it on their site?
I put 11s on my scoot, ended up with a shorter stand from J&P and the damn thing rusted to hell and really looks bad.
Thanks for any info.

-di
It does exist[sm=trust_me.gif] Go to http://chicagoharley.com/ and input the same part number and it will appear

H-D website does not list a lot of HD parts that online suppliers such as Chicago & zanotti list

Old 05-02-2007, 12:54 PM
Burple_X
Intermediate

The problem my wife had was having to lean the bike so far to the right in order to get the stand down. Once down, the bike sat on the stock unit just fine. She is a small person (5'4" and 110 lbs.), and leaning the bike past perpendicular, standing on one leg while searching for the stand with her left foot just wasn't a comfortable situation for her. As a bonus with the new stand, the bend angle makes it a little easier to find the stand also.

Old 05-02-2007, 12:58 PM
xtrlo
Advanced

My bike was too vertical - no lean at all after adding new springs for the forks and the progressive shocks. I'm 5' and the bike is the perfect height now, but that J&P stand really looks bad. It irritates me every time I look at it. It's worth $80 just to keep my disgust to a minimum.

ORIGINAL: Burple_X

The problem my wife had was having to lean the bike so far to the right in order to get the stand down. Once down, the bike sat on the stock unit just fine. She is a small person (5'4" and 110 lbs.), and leaning the bike past perpendicular, standing on one leg while searching for the stand with her left foot just wasn't a comfortable situation for her. As a bonus with the new stand, the bend angle makes it a little easier to find the stand also.

Old 05-02-2007, 02:15 PM
Burple_X
Intermediate

My bike was too vertical - no lean at all after adding new springs for the forks and the progressive shocks. I'm 5' and the bike is the perfect height now, but that J&P stand really looks bad. It irritates me every time I look at it. It's worth $80 just to keep my disgust to a minimum.
Rough sand it and paint it black. Kyrlon red primer first, then top coat with gloss black. Guaranteed to look better than rusted chrome!

Old 05-02-2007, 04:09 PM
xtrlo
Advanced

LOL Great minds think alike...was thinking of that option too. I'll ponder back and forth - at least now I know that I do have the option of a chrome stand.
Thanks again!

-di

ORIGINAL: Burple_X

Rough sand it and paint it black. Kyrlon red primer first, then top coat with gloss black. Guaranteed to look better than rusted chrome!

Quick Reply: Kickstand