Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED light bars??

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 02:42 AM
Schwanz583
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED light bars??

Anyone one install one on their bike? I know I've seen someone with a small 6 or 7in one on the lower triple clamp. Just wondering if anyone has any feedback or recommendations and hopefully pictures. 90% of my riding is at night at the moment while on night shift, so some extra light would be awesome, and the light bars are way cheaper than a daymaker... Thanks!!

Old 11-29-2015, 11:27 PM
Squadboss36
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't know if you figured out what you wanted to do yet but have you thought about swapping out your halogen H4 bulb for a LED H4? I have the LED H4 from CYRON and I love it compared to my old halogen but I too am thinking about a LED light bar for a little more light.

Old 11-29-2015, 11:45 PM
glock35
Tourer
Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

I did this mod on my FXDB. I used a cheap bar off Amazon and am very happy with it. It definitely puts more light out to the sides of the bike and also in the "dead spot" right in front of the bike. I used the factory style rubber "reset" button on the dash for the switch, looks factory and functions great. Eventually I'll add an LED headlight, but I will keep the bar as well.

Old 11-30-2015, 02:03 AM
ToffeeBrown
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you talking about a smaller single row as a helper light or are you talking about a setup like I have in my sig?

Old 11-30-2015, 03:05 AM
Davdoodles
Tourer
Received 84 Likes on 53 Posts

Here's mine. For simplicity I mounted it on the underside of the headlight bolt, but it would have been less visible if I'd used the bolt further back between the forks, securing the brake hose.

It's wired to the high-beam. Between it and the 7" headlight with a Narva 120 rally bulb, the thing is awesomely bright.

18 Watts total (6x3W LEDs), about thirty bucks for a pair on eBay (quality is good, metal case). Recommended low-cost high-improvement upgrade if you do night riding. That said, if you've got the bucks, the HD Daymaker is pretty impressive.

Old 11-30-2015, 05:53 AM
Rockabillphil
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have one but didn't wired it to the high beam. I got a waterproof switch that i drilled into the dash. I want to use it everytime i ride at night so wire it to the high beam was no option for me.

It is BRIGHT but doesnt seems to annoy incoming trafic, so thats a plus too. I also got mine on amazon.

Old 12-01-2015, 10:50 AM
Feileod
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Installed a pair of cheap led running lights from Amazon on my Defender's crash bar. Paired with the cheap Amazon Day maker knock off night driving is awesome.

Headlight $88 and Prime shipping
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B011QW...HrL&ref=plSrch

Driving lights $21 for pair and Prime
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00GLL...vtL&ref=plSrch

Old 12-25-2015, 03:03 PM
DaleMc0622
Tourer
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

I got one of these and am looking at mounting it under the tree using the headlight bolt. I have a weatherproof switch under the seat already from other lights I had. Can the ground go on the headlight bolt?, then just battery to switch and switch to inline fuse then red side of light/? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Old 12-26-2015, 11:32 AM
Feileod
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Sounds about right. Post up pics when you get it up and running.

Old 12-26-2015, 03:31 PM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Davdoodles
Here's mine. For simplicity I mounted it on the underside of the headlight bolt, but it would have been less visible if I'd used the bolt further back between the forks, securing the brake hose.

It's wired to the high-beam. Between it and the 7" headlight with a Narva 120 rally bulb, the thing is awesomely bright.

18 Watts total (6x3W LEDs), about thirty bucks for a pair on eBay (quality is good, metal case). Recommended low-cost high-improvement upgrade if you do night riding. That said, if you've got the bucks, the HD Daymaker is pretty impressive.
That's what I've done too. It was so inexpensive that I didn't think it could possibly work out, but after installing it on one bike, I went ahead and put it on the other.

The HD Daymaker headlights are really impressive in some ways, but one thing I was going for was off-angle visibility during daylight, and the Daymaker headlights are pretty sucky in that regard. They're great when you're looking straight at them.

Quick Reply: LED light bars??