Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two Year Anniversay- Still Not Convinced

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 04:29 PM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,748 Likes on 829 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony P
LOL

Antonio, if your willing to spend money to make your Super Glide your own, you won't be disappointed. Start with the suspension and maybe a true-track. There's a lot of things that can make a difference, sometime alone, or in combination. I would upgrade the rear shocks and maybe add a set of progressive springs in the forks. Be careful with fork oil. I kept the stock springs and replaced the oil with SE and it was fine. Anything heavier and I would not have liked the ride. I may still replace the springs.

Tony, I am 175 lbs and do not ride any distance to speak of with my wife. What shocks are the best bang for the buck in your opinion?

Old 06-15-2015, 04:33 PM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

Different people like different things.
Personally, I find the "fun factor" to be much higher on a Dyna than on a Road King. Don't have any desire for a touring bike. If I don't mind being bored, I'll just drive my car.

A Superglide should handle just fine, up to the cornering clearance limits, unless there's something wrong with it.

Last edited by Warp Factor; 06-15-2015 at 04:36 PM.
Old 06-15-2015, 05:30 PM
LunaticFringe
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

it's all in your head.

Old 06-15-2015, 06:11 PM
JefferiesHD1
Tourer
Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Sounds like you'd be happier going back to a RK. Each bike is what it is. You either like it or not. Just like women. lol

Old 06-15-2015, 06:18 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,802 Likes on 2,541 Posts

I've got a 02 Superglide, a 05 Lowrider and a 2013 RoadGlide Ultra. My 05 rides different than the Superglide, the rake is different. The RGU rides different then both Dyna's, different width tires. The wider front seems to absorb the pavement imperfections a lot better than the skinny Dyna tire. But which is more fun ? My 02 SG because of the suspension upgrades. So, each to their own.

Old 06-15-2015, 06:22 PM
KSJ08
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been riding since 6yrs old minibikes-dirt then both dirt & street 55 now. I never owned an HD until this one. I came from CBR954RR as my last bike. That was like riding on a rail at all speeds unless road surface was bad. This FXDC handles as I would expect from a cruiser. I don't like the light front wheel @ 70+ on crappy highways here in Pa. I love how it feels just cruising on back roads, doesn't have the stopping power I was use to BUT I have learned how it handles & really like it. Still want a CBR100RR to go though twisties Like I used to.

Old 06-15-2015, 06:41 PM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,748 Likes on 829 Posts

Originally Posted by LunaticFringe
it's all in your head.

You never met me. I think you are probably right...

I think part of my problem is I enjoy going 75 mph and more. The Super Glide with the stock suspension feels fine (to me) up to 65 mph.

Last edited by Antonio Balls; 06-15-2015 at 06:44 PM.
Old 06-15-2015, 06:55 PM
KSJ08
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Antonio *****

You never met me. I think you are probably right...

I think part of my problem is I enjoy going 75 mph and more. The Super Glide with the stock suspension feels fine (to me) up to 65 mph.
75+ I'm not a fan of on this bike CBR 120+mph comfortable, Two different bikes two different riding styles.

Old 06-15-2015, 08:52 PM
DaleMc0622
Tourer
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

I felt a little uncomfortable above 70 myself, I was "Very" surprised the difference by just going the one size wider on the front tire. On my 07 fxd I went one size wider on the front and don't feel anywhere near as many of the road groves and imperfections. One size fits in the fender without an issue, only thing is you will not find a "Harley" tire, Dunlop yes but it doesn't say Harley. Like I said, I thought the front tire change wasn't going to make a big difference but for me it seems to have helped, I will consider shocks and all now.

Old 06-15-2015, 09:25 PM
JustsoIcanupvotethis
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Antonio *****
Tony, I am 175 lbs and do not ride any distance to speak of with my wife. What shocks are the best bang for the buck in your opinion?

There is your problem. 175lbs? I have almost 90 pounds on you and am just short of two years(and just over 30,000 miles) on my Super Glide as well. Mine just seems to get better with age. Never really notice any problems with cross winds and I live in Kansas. We do get an occasional breeze or two here.

Quick Reply: Two Year Anniversay- Still Not Convinced