Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLD Board review

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 12:20 PM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member
Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts
Default FLD Board review

So I spent the last month gathering parts to change my exhaust out yet again and the FLD floorboard kit.

It took me a lot of trial and error to decide I wanted to give boards a shot. This is the best I came up with before, using a shorter brake pedal cover and the HD Mini floorboard pegs:

I never had much issue with my left leg because I'd put my boot under the shifter to take the strain off. My right foot would sit off to the side of the brake pedal and it'd cause fatigue after a while on the highway. Around town any time I had to use the brake pedal I felt like I was lifting my leg in the air and stomping on it which I didn't like. I tried adjusting the pedal lower and that just made it harder to get leverage on it.

After installing the boards, my first impression wasn't so good. It wasn't until I adjusted the pedal to where it's at now and brought my highway peg down and inward. Now I rest my right boot heel on the board and toes on the highway peg around town, and just pivot it inward to use the brake. On the highway I've found I like this position or I'll put both feet at the back of the boards with my knees bent at about 90 degrees. Lots of options and more importantly no strain from not having my feet supported. I'm also liking the control I have over the rear brake with this setup. Before I'd think twice about using it if I felt my leg was cramping up but not anymore.

Here's some pics with the bags removed:

Last edited by mattVA; 05-12-2015 at 12:23 PM.
Old 05-12-2015, 12:38 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Looks good Matt. Still seems like you have to lift your foot up a fair bit to access the brake pedal, is that right? with your toe on the peg pivoting in when riding around town is the brake pedal and peg essentially at the same height? Hard to tell from the pic. I've been playing with height of my brake pedal a fair bit and having a hard time finding a sweet spot.

Old 05-12-2015, 12:52 PM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member
Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by robbyville
Looks good Matt. Still seems like you have to lift your foot up a fair bit to access the brake pedal, is that right? with your toe on the peg pivoting in when riding around town is the brake pedal and peg essentially at the same height? Hard to tell from the pic. I've been playing with height of my brake pedal a fair bit and having a hard time finding a sweet spot.
Yes they're about the same height now. I just pivot my foot to brake then back to the peg.