Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fxdx gauges alternative help

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 09:59 PM
Signal18
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fxdx gauges alternative help

hey guys i recently swapped my 10" tbars to 16" rolandsands king apps before i had a fairing covering the speedo/tach but now they look like mickey mouse ears and couldn't stand it so i took em off, so now i have no way of knowing if my turn signals are blinking or any of the other dash-type lights. has anyone else found a better looking way for this? thanks

Old 05-10-2015, 10:06 PM
LunaticFringe
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

why not just put the fairing back on?

what you can do is convert to set-up to match another dyna, look on ebay for some super glide take-off speedo mount, then you could convert to a single combo gauge from HD or Dakota digital. and sale your stock set-up on ebay for a nice price.

Old 05-11-2015, 05:55 AM
Signal18
Intermediate

I'll have to check em out thanks, the fairing wasnt bad with the t-bars I'm not a fan of it on with the apes

Old 05-11-2015, 06:58 AM
kokemill
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Those are the same as Sportster gauges, look for a Sportster speedo relocation kit. Try DK Customs.

Old 05-11-2015, 07:02 AM
kokemill
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Like this: http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/Spor...-SPT-SPILR.htm

I have that same FXDX Mickey look.

Old 05-11-2015, 12:44 PM
DK Custom - ST
Platinum Sponsor
Received 508 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by kokemill
Like this: http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/Spor...-SPT-SPILR.htm

I have that same FXDX Mickey look.
Thanks for the shout out

Originally Posted by Signal18
hey guys i recently swapped my 10" tbars to 16" rolandsands king apps before i had a fairing covering the speedo/tach but now they look like mickey mouse ears and couldn't stand it so i took em off, so now i have no way of knowing if my turn signals are blinking or any of the other dash-type lights. has anyone else found a better looking way for this? thanks

Not sure exactly what bike you are referring to, but the Speedometer and Indicator Lights Relocation will help you out and will clean up the look.

To see if you will be able to use the Speedometer and Indicator Lights Relocation on your Dyna you will need to simply measure your actual speedometer (once it is out of the housing) and make sure it will fit, our Bracket for the Speedometer is 3.5” inner diameter and 2.5” tall.

With the Indicator lights bracket, you will need to look at your current indicator lights setup, and make sure they have the same light pattern as in the picture below.

Hope this helps you out
Kelsey

Call: 662-252-8828
Text: 662-420-4891
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i339/DKCustom/Links/Sig1-8-14_zps9d8aff35.jpg

Old 05-12-2015, 01:16 PM
Signal18
Intermediate

That's exactly what I'm looking for, I'll have to see if I can swap my fxdx speedo/tack setup with just a regular fxd speedo cluster. That bracket will fit on an 03 dyna?

Originally Posted by DK Custom - ST
Thanks for the shout out

Not sure exactly what bike you are referring to, but the Speedometer and Indicator Lights Relocation will help you out and will clean up the look.

To see if you will be able to use the Speedometer and Indicator Lights Relocation on your Dyna you will need to simply measure your actual speedometer (once it is out of the housing) and make sure it will fit, our Bracket for the Speedometer is 3.5” inner diameter and 2.5” tall.

With the Indicator lights bracket, you will need to look at your current indicator lights setup, and make sure they have the same light pattern as in the picture below.

Hope this helps you out
Kelsey

Old 05-13-2015, 10:38 AM
DK Custom - ST
Platinum Sponsor
Received 508 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by Signal18
That's exactly what I'm looking for, I'll have to see if I can swap my fxdx speedo/tack setup with just a regular fxd speedo cluster. That bracket will fit on an 03 dyna?

To see if this will fit on your 03 Dyna you will need to measure your actual speedometer (once it is out of the housing) and make sure it will fit, our Bracket for the Speedometer is 3.5” inner diameter and 2.5” tall.
With the Indicator lights bracket, you will need to look at your current indicator lights setup, and make sure they have the same light pattern as in the picture.

Kelsey

Old 05-13-2015, 06:39 PM
Lennyone
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Gauges on my 2005 FXDX

Old 05-14-2015, 01:51 AM
Kwest88
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

you wanna sell the tach and speedo you took off?

Quick Reply: fxdx gauges alternative help