Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chrome Passenger Footpeg Support

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007 | 05:28 PM
Patch
|
Tourer
Default Chrome Passenger Footpeg Support

i have a 2005 dyna super glide custom.

I went to order the HD Chrome Passenger Footpeg Support...part # 50287-01

Does anyone know why they stopped making it?
Or where I can get one?
I guess I can always send the stock one out to Brown's to be chromed if I have to

thanks

Old 04-25-2007 | 05:47 PM
PTodd
Novice
Default RE: Chrome Passenger Footpeg Support

I have tried to find the same thing and had no luck. I can't even find any aftermarket ones.
The guy I bought my bike from put foot boards on. Ugly. I'm probably going to end up finding some stock ones and having them chromed.

Old 04-25-2007 | 05:51 PM
BigJfxdwg
Road Warrior

I thought they would look nice on my WG but didn't have that kind of extra cash lying around to buy them from HD. I'ld be intrested to know if anyone has found them aftermarket or if chroming the stock set is the way to go.

Old 04-25-2007 | 07:12 PM
06FXDCIRider
Cruiser

I just checked out the '07 HD catalog and saw them in there, so I went to www.zanottimotor.com/and entered the part #. It keeps coming up with "No Part Found". Kind of a mystery here. I would think that you could pull those supports off and wire/buff them down to bare metal and have a local company chrome them for you. Probably cheaper than the price Isee here in the catalog. Sure is strange that this part isn't even available.

Old 05-03-2007 | 05:05 PM
PTodd
Novice

I spoke with Big John at Republic HD parts.The kit 50287-01 is no longer available. However he was able to order the seperate peices and they are chrome.

49165-02 Passanger support RH
49178-02 Passanger support LH

John was the first parts guy that went out of his way to try and find them for me. I'll return for that reason. Good customer service.

Old 05-03-2007 | 11:01 PM
Wide Glide 05
Tourer

Just curious...what model and year does the part numbers you gave fit? 50287-01 is not a kit but just the left side chrome passenger support for 94-05 Dyna's. The right one is already chrome on my WG....
I will probably end up getting my original chromed.

Old 05-04-2007 | 01:25 AM
MarkM
Tourer

I had the same problem about a year ago. My dealer printed out a list of other dealers across the country that showed one in stock. After calling about 6 or 7 of them, I finally found a dealer in Georgia who had it on a shelf and was more than happy to get rid of it. So, you might try getting someone in the parts department to go through the dealer network and see what they can come up with. Apparently though, the list wasn't all the way up to date, as I had to call a few to finally find one.

My next option was to take the stock one off and have it chromed. Good luck!

Old 05-04-2007 | 01:31 AM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

wierd.i bought chrome ones for mine last summer... there were 2 choices. black and chrome.

Old 05-04-2007 | 10:52 PM
Wide Glide 05
Tourer

Tried that, said the dealer in Cincy had one in stock. Called them and they said I was not the first one to ask about the part, they have not had one since 2005 when they were supposively discontinued. They have shown none in their inventory since 2005 but the computers say they do!

Old 05-05-2007 | 10:04 AM
DLW_FLHTC
Road Warrior

I pulled mine off and had them chromed for less than half what the new ones were going to be.

Quick Reply: Chrome Passenger Footpeg Support