Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vance and Hines BSS power loss

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 03:31 PM
sloufoot
Club Member
Received 4,091 Likes on 3,492 Posts

Originally Posted by Jfree700grizzly
I set the tune from v&h on their fuel pax but it's not a good tune at all! A few auto tune runs and now it's a lot better. Not sure y it blows your mind because every stock exhaust Ive replaced with aftermarket was a huge improvement but again not on a harley. Lesson learned!!
V&H doesn't tell you about the loss on the bottom end of your RPM because they hope that you are educated enough on the exhaust systems to make your own decisions. If they were to take the time to evaluate everyone's exhaust system before they sold you one think about what you would pay then !
The exhaust system on any engine, lawn mower to cruse ship is designed to work with the size & use of the engine. Even the two stroke engines that everyone thinks run better with the straight pipes are wrong! The two stroke uses a expansion chamber to match the size of the engine displacement & RPM the engine will be running.
The fuel pac you installed also ONLY WORKS THE FUEL ! What about all the rest of the tune ? Like the timing,or volumetric efficiency? With a fuel pac all you are doing is dumping more fuel, or dropping the fuel out of places you may need more. A tuner that flashes the ECM will always be the correct way to change your tune. That is if you are running fuel injection & an ECM. If you think you are going to out do someone that is working with a dyno & millions of tests & a past experience of around 50yrs or so, while you have your backyard garage, (if you're lucky) you have a lot of learning to do.
The baffle that DK sells will help a lot with the bottom end by changing the back pressure & reversion of the exhaust.
To see most of the changes correctly you need to look at a dyno chart for each change you make to the intake & or exhaust. You start changing parts without doing some research & most times you will loose at it.

OH, By the way the sponsors & vendors on here pay the bills ! YOU DON'T! You might help if you pay your dues, but you wouldn't believe what they pay for you to have this Forum to discuss things.
Please have some respect for them, & don't just call everything a piece of crap just because you don't think first.
Ride Safe Guys !

Old 05-11-2015, 05:40 PM
LunaticFringe
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Oh boy! I know how forums work with sponsors but I believe the reason for forums is to share info on mods and bikes. If I get banned for sharing my thoughts and findings on these pipes then so be it, then this isn't a forum I want to be apart of. These pipes did rob low end period!! I know what u mean on the noise but it's a dog from stock form on low end power. After a few auto tunes it's better but not a product I'd buy again and I will be buying a 2-1 but not from v&h. Sorry. I really don't care about who hears my bike but it's loud for me as well. I'm that guy now who rides by and people shake their head. I'm sure some rides love that but I dont. I wanted louder but not this loud! I'm goin to try those baffles if it's still about the same I'll be selling these BSS for $100 less than I paid shipped to the lower 48. And I'll buy a good set of pipes.

you should probably try the TTI's from Dk, they are only like $30 shipped and they do make a difference. since your exhaust is still new they will be easy to install, you'll just have to take the exhaust back off the bike.

but spending $30 TO Fix that is definitely better than loosing $100.

On the other hand I've always been satisfied with just slip-on mufflers, only $300 for a nice set, sell your BSS's, put your stock head pipes back on and buy some real nice $300 Rineharts or cobra slip-ons and your back in the green again. and with slip-ons a tune isn't even necessary.

I only have the BSS's because they came with my bike, yes they are louder than slip-ons, but you'll eventually get used to the noise level,

Old 05-11-2015, 09:36 PM
Jfree700grizzly
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow some of u guys are pretty up tight! Man alls I wanted was a pipe for a bit more noise. I didn't care if it added power but the fact it took it away is just shocking to me. I'm not interested in fully modding my harley or knowing every detail nor do I claim to know it. I just wanted a nice set of pipes and posted my findings now I don't think before I talk!? And I'll pay my dues by posting results I FIND and MY experience. That's y this forum is possible, from sponsors trying to sell u stuff so they pay to be on here and people wanting that stuff. Won't work with only one player. Thanks I guess for the words of wisdom.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:11 PM
sloufoot
Club Member
Received 4,091 Likes on 3,492 Posts

I don't think anyone is really up tight here. If I sound like that it may be from someone trying to blame everything but themselves if things don't work.
This forum is absolutely packed with information that is for everyone to profit by.
All a person needs to do is spend some time reading & asking questions about what ever they like the looks of before they try it out on their scoot. All to find out how it works for real. Or not !
There is a few ways to get around the problems with your pipes. You seem to be headed in the right direction. But also be aware of the best ways of treating your ride when it comes to tuning & what you can expect. If done wrong it can cost you big time. Done right it will make ya smile for miles!
As far as the dues paid, there are thousands on here that do just that with their information. Others just read & never post. still others decide the information they have gained from others here is worth the investment of dues. Whatever way you go you will be welcome here. Just respect the sponsors & vendors that actually make this forum possible.
Enjoy your time here ! Make the most of it.
Sloufoot

Old 05-12-2015, 05:29 AM
Jfree700grizzly
Cruiser

Does anyone know the inside diameter of these pipes? I won't have my bike back for a week as its at Harley for the 1000 mile service and I'd like to order these baffles.

Old 05-12-2015, 12:05 PM
DK Custom - ST
Platinum Sponsor
Received 508 Likes on 289 Posts

Does anyone know the inside diameter of these pipes? I won't have my bike back for a week as its at Harley for the 1000 mile service and I'd like to order these baffles.

We called V&H and got the measurements for you, sent you a PM

Kelsey

Call: 662-252-8828
Text: 662-420-4891
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i339/DKCustom/Links/Sig1-8-14_zps9d8aff35.jpg

Last edited by DK Custom - ST; 05-12-2015 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-24-2015, 10:32 AM
Jfree700grizzly
Cruiser

Thanks DK! I see I wasn't getting a decent reply from most these other guys since I'm not a one to follow the crowd and suck v&h off cause I bought their exhaust! Some of u guys really need to ride more and troll less!