Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fairings info-Share yours

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 09:15 PM
rydercheers
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

That's the only thing that I was worried about was how it sounds with a helmet on.

Old 05-12-2015, 12:40 PM
BFMCdyna
Cruiser
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Type of Fairing: Arlen Ness Narrow Glide P/N 06-041
What type of front end and fork size: Mid Glide 49mm

I currently run a narrow glide (06-041) Ness on a 2010 FXDC. I've ran 4 ness fairings on my different Dynas and FXRs and for those of you mounting the Ness, I encourage you to use the collet struts from Rifle Fairing. They make for a sturdy mount and eliminate the Frankenstein bolts on the side of the fairing.

I did a poor man's version of Southeast Custom Cycles' Ness OG Fairing. I used 2 turn signal relocates (ebay), 2 collet struts (Rifle Fairing), 7 stainless bolts and nuts (hardware store) and piece of aluminum (laying in the shop) Total out of pocket was about $240.

Running this set up properly requires a little fabrication to move the headlight up and out, and a little trim on the bottom of the fairing. If you want snap together no fuss mounting, I'd go with Southeast Customs set up or the direct bolt on Ness. But I liked saving the C-note and getting to work on the bike.

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 05-12-2015, 10:05 PM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member
Received 862 Likes on 380 Posts

Great post. Thanks for the input and listing everything used

Originally Posted by BFMCdyna

I currently run a narrow glide (06-041) Ness on a 2010 FXDC. I've ran 4 ness fairings on my different Dynas and FXRs and for those of you mounting the Ness, I encourage you to use the collet struts from Rifle Fairing. They make for a sturdy mount and eliminate the Frankenstein bolts on the side of the fairing.

I did a poor man's version of Southeast Custom Cycles' Ness OG Fairing. I used 2 turn signal relocates (ebay), 2 collet struts (Rifle Fairing), 7 stainless bolts and nuts (hardware store) and piece of aluminum (laying in the shop) Total out of pocket was about $240.

Running this set up properly requires a little fabrication to move the headlight up and out, and a little trim on the bottom of the fairing. If you want snap together no fuss mounting, I'd go with Southeast Customs set up or the direct bolt on Ness. But I liked saving the C-note and getting to work on the bike.

Old 05-15-2015, 06:55 AM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,057 Likes on 670 Posts

I've had 4. Gauntlet, HD quarter fairing, comely tsport, and ness for mid glide. I love the repro tsport for my dyna. It's the best on the highway. I custom mounted the ness on my softail now

Old 05-15-2015, 06:55 AM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,057 Likes on 670 Posts
Old 05-15-2015, 08:42 AM
Puglia10
Road Warrior
Received 482 Likes on 231 Posts

Attachment 525514

sold my friend the purple HD 1/4 fairing and switched to the little ebay/vrod one.
1/4 fairing works better for deflecting wind but couldnt stop the buffeting even with the laminar lip and road dawgz extension.

both 39mm FXDX

Old 05-15-2015, 11:08 AM
cdg097
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BFMCdyna

In picture #3, where are the front strut holes drilled through, or are they just connected through existing holes? One of the mounting holes for the windshield perhaps? Without looking at my fairing, I can't picture it exactly, so I just figured I'd ask.

Old 05-18-2015, 12:18 PM
BFMCdyna
Cruiser
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by cdg097
In picture #3, where are the front strut holes drilled through, or are they just connected through existing holes? One of the mounting holes for the windshield perhaps? Without looking at my fairing, I can't picture it exactly, so I just figured I'd ask.

You are correct. The Rifle Roadster collet struts line up perfectly with the 2 front pre-existing windshield mounting holes on the Ness fairing. I used the 49mm turn signal relocation fork clamps to connect the struts with the fairing. Ness provides cheap plastic hardware, which I swapped out for quality stainless hardware.

To make the fairing mount solid I drilled a hole on the bottom of the fairing and created a bottom mount tab that you can partially see in Pictures number 1 and 2, above.

Old 05-18-2015, 08:52 PM
Tfree
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2011 fxdc

Attachment 431003
Very happy with the look and function of my Conely s ...

Old 05-19-2015, 06:16 PM
MacKo2000
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Does anyone with an 11 FXDWG have a memphis shades gauntlet? I am thinking of getting one for my longer trips to relieve pressure from my chest and neck. Does anyone have that buffeting issue I here about? I'm 5ft 9.5in. With 14" todds strip bars. Appreciate the help

Quick Reply: Fairings info-Share yours