Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fairings info-Share yours

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 05:28 AM
wideglideCVO
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,382 Likes on 808 Posts

one can of black lacquer and one can of clear $12.00 plus the brackets I made in pic.

Old 11-28-2016, 12:57 AM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 334 Posts

Attachment 621575

eBay knock-off HD 1/4 fairing...actually pretty solid...brackets it came with work just fine with the 49mm detachable clamps. I'll have it paint-matched eventually.

Old 11-28-2016, 10:40 AM
BMCsteve
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Has anyone tried the headlight extension that Memphis Shades put out? I'd like to make my own but my fabrication skills are garbage

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/m...dyna-2006-2016

Old 12-10-2016, 05:19 PM
smalls78
Road Captain
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by BMCsteve
Has anyone tried the headlight extension that Memphis Shades put out? I'd like to make my own but my fabrication skills are garbage

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/m...dyna-2006-2016
I just got one shipped yesterday and will let you know asap

Old 12-11-2016, 10:06 AM
REW13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 787 Likes on 652 Posts

I bought one of the 29.99$ café fairings off Amazon and it took a whole ten minutes to install. I bought that one because I didn't want to blow that much money if I didn't like it. Luckily enough it matches my bike, and actually works well enough for me. I'm just going to get some molding and wrap around the inside part of the headlight to sort of seal it after I put in my LED light.

Old 12-11-2016, 07:54 PM
REW13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 787 Likes on 652 Posts

Or would it be better to leave a little air going through the headlight and fairing?

Old 12-11-2016, 11:43 PM
IamTheSarg
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is a badass looking fairing! How is it holding up? I see that you don't have the spacers for the windshield like they show on their site. How is the buffeting? What hardware did you use to get it mounted up?

Originally Posted by dyna-petey
just to add to the fairing forum, Certified OKC (http://www.certifiedokc.com/) focuses on making fiberglass and carbon fiber parts for baggers and dynas/fxr's. this company rocks a similar fairing to the tsport using the same hardware but added more details and lines to it making it really unique.

in the fairing department, these guys make a 1/4 fairing, raptor (tsport) and the fxrt fairing. They are also about to release a new concept design for their 1/4 fairing called the wraith and a new fxrt fairing in the future.

its called their Raptor fairing and I just threw it on my Low Rider S. I wasnt much of a carbon fiber guy on harleys until i saw the crazy awesome details these guys a killin!

Old 12-12-2016, 05:25 AM
dyna-petey
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by IamTheSarg
That is a badass looking fairing! How is it holding up? I see that you don't have the spacers for the windshield like they show on their site. How is the buffeting? What hardware did you use to get it mounted up?
Hey Sarg! just pm'd ya back but thought id repost on here for others. I am extremely happy with it ! absolutely love the look and their spin off of the tsport fairing.

at first, i did have just a little bit of buffeting however, i adjusted the anti-buffeting arms (upper windshield holes) up a little bit and it seemed to do the trick. i may pick up that spacer kit though.

I pieced together everything from bung king although JD fab sells a complete kit for 250. I knows its a little pricey but theres no way around it lol

The following users liked this post:
IamTheSarg (12-12-2016)
Old 12-12-2016, 09:39 PM
IamTheSarg
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dyna-petey
Hey Sarg! just pm'd ya back but thought id repost on here for others. I am extremely happy with it ! absolutely love the look and their spin off of the tsport fairing.

at first, i did have just a little bit of buffeting however, i adjusted the anti-buffeting arms (upper windshield holes) up a little bit and it seemed to do the trick. i may pick up that spacer kit though.

I pieced together everything from bung king although JD fab sells a complete kit for 250. I knows its a little pricey but theres no way around it lol
Great info! What windshield did you get, JD?

For us guys out there who are bit lost on what fits what, I wish they would just get a kit together or suggest this or that kit from "ABC manufacturing".

Old 12-13-2016, 07:06 AM
dyna-petey
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by IamTheSarg
Great info! What windshield did you get, JD?

For us guys out there who are bit lost on what fits what, I wish they would just get a kit together or suggest this or that kit from "ABC manufacturing".
oh appologies... i responded to your message too btw.

I have the 14" cee baileys smoked windshield but JD sells them as well. JD also does have the entire fairing/hardware/windshield kit u can buy for around 650-ish. and if u go with another tsport fairing such as the Certified OKC Raptor like mine, u can just order JD's hardware kit and windshield.

Quick Reply: Fairings info-Share yours