Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fairings info-Share yours

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 05:13 PM
NoLimitz
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Tsukayu batwing

I recently installed a tsyukayu batwing with 6x9 speakers and radio. The fairing itself is great! Great quality all the way around. The radii on the other hand is sub par, but works. The antenna isnt very good either. Mounting brackets are quality and easy to install, use lock tite on bolts. It came painted black and matches extremely well. Overall for the quality i highly recommend. I need to relocate turn signals to forks and lower fairing a lil bit. I have a wide glide 49mm fork .

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 09-02-2016, 04:54 PM
Fraser
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiple fairings

I have 09 superglide custom 49MM forks. I have modified Memphis Shades early batwing and Rifle fairing bubble so can quick mount either.Was an early Memphis shades batwing for softail so headlight opening was larger than needed so I mounted a "drape cloth" to deflect wind downward from headlight opening.I used the same mount from Memphis Shades for both fairings and have multipule windshield sizes for both fairing.

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 09-07-2016, 10:13 AM
beanoboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 814 Likes on 498 Posts
Default Conely fairing fork clamps ?

Moved

Last edited by beanoboy; 09-07-2016 at 05:46 PM.
Old 09-17-2016, 07:40 PM
Yukon42
Road Captain
Received 60 Likes on 48 Posts

Decided to go old school cafe type with my fairing. Ordered it from Lockhart Phillips for about $60, got a couple turnsignal relocation clamps for the forks for about $25 and another $10 or so in misc nuts & bolts from Lowes. After 6 hours she was on!

The following 2 users liked this post by Yukon42:
mirrmu (10-14-2016), Shaved Ice (05-29-2017)
Old 09-20-2016, 09:28 AM
lordarthmaul
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Memphis Shades batwing with trigger locks

I put a Memphis Shades batwing on my 2015 Lowrider, with the 5" deflector style windscreen and trigger locks. I have a quick detach HD windshield, but it's hard to see through when it rains (wind won't clear the rain off the screen). Now I can see over the fairing, and it seems to do just as good a job (if not better) deflecting the wind as the full HD windshield. Eventually, I would like to upgrade to something with a stereo system in it, but that's a ways down the road A buddy of mine put a Reckless fairing on his Switchback, and it seemed like a really nice setup (he has since traded the Switchback in on a Street Glide).

Old 10-13-2016, 09:48 PM
karlkcfi
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi
A question about your fairing. Do you or your passenger get any buffeting at hiway speeds (70+)? I have. Switchback that I am thinking about putting on a fairing.

Old 10-17-2016, 01:52 PM
jang0
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I went ahead and got a gauntlet fairing to keep my face from being sandblasted on the commute. I am pleased.

Fairings info-Share yours-rwtyj4v.jpg

Old 10-19-2016, 05:47 AM
dyna-petey
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

just to add to the fairing forum, Certified OKC (http://www.certifiedokc.com/) focuses on making fiberglass and carbon fiber parts for baggers and dynas/fxr's. this company rocks a similar fairing to the tsport using the same hardware but added more details and lines to it making it really unique.

in the fairing department, these guys make a 1/4 fairing, raptor (tsport) and the fxrt fairing. They are also about to release a new concept design for their 1/4 fairing called the wraith and a new fxrt fairing in the future.

its called their Raptor fairing and I just threw it on my Low Rider S. I wasnt much of a carbon fiber guy on harleys until i saw the crazy awesome details these guys a killin!

Last edited by dyna-petey; 10-19-2016 at 05:49 AM. Reason: adjusted
Old 10-20-2016, 10:01 AM
watoad
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Front view of FXDF with FLH fairing, Fat-BOY Handlebars and Fat-BOY front fender. on.

Here's mine. I rubber mounted it to the fork tubes and made custom plastic brackets to tie wrap to the handle bars. Works great for me with no complaints from my wife about wind buffeting her behind me. I can get more pics of the custom bracketry I created if requested. The fairing was free from my brother in law as it had a broken edge which ended up being exaclty what I had to remove from the other side as well to clear the tank. Made all the custom bracketry from household stuff you probably already have too. Goes on and off in less than 5 minutes. Overall cost was about $100.00 for 4 cans black and 4 cans clear of Duplicolor spray touch up paint and a piece of Lexan to cut my own windshield. Did it all myself. Best rattle-can paint I ever did. Haven't even wet sanded or buffed it yet. I painted the Fat Boy front fender with the same paint 2 years ago and it still looks great too. By the way, it is NOT crooked, that is just reflections at this angle. I just LOVE customizing genuine Harley parts from other models as opposed to buying bolt-on stuff that anyone can do. Unique is more fun for me but, I don't mind helping you copy it if you're interested.
Have fun;
Billy

The following users liked this post:
Proline1969 (12-12-2016)
Old 10-20-2016, 05:51 PM
beanoboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 814 Likes on 498 Posts

I like how you have a picture of yourself on the 'batwing', lol...b.

Quick Reply: Fairings info-Share yours