Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of trading

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2015 | 01:15 PM
user 8382390
|
Banned
Default Thinking of trading

May seem silly to you but I have an 09 street glide with 30 k on it. I bought it to tour and got my fill of 1000 mile days. Now thinking of trading in and going to a street bob. My extra long ride days are behind me and I am considering something lighter and more nimble for around town and shorter rides of 500 miles or less in a day. Anyone "trade down" ? The street glide is a good bike but has way more features than I care about. Considering more " back to basics" if you know what I mean. Opinions? I had a super glide before the street glide and moved up because of the long range rides. I will admit I have gotten a little spoiled by the storage capacity of the street glide. Kinda torn. Benefits to the bob are lighter, bigger motor, simplicity of design, more nimble....the street glide has storage and comfort but handles like a boat in the city.

Old 04-28-2015 | 01:27 PM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member

Can you afford both? Your FLHX is probably paid off by now, no? It sounds like you'd miss it but want something to play with around town.

Old 04-28-2015 | 01:37 PM
fxdlx
Road Master

I don't know, that'd be stooping pretty low trading all the way down to a dyna.
Kinda like going from a cadillac to a lowly corvette. Ha, ha, ha.
Once you get them set up the way you like, the dyna's are way more fun to ride than a touring bike, at least for me.

Old 04-28-2015 | 01:56 PM
103 sedona orange
Ultimate HDF Member

No way is that silly. I've had FXRs & Dynas before my 07 FLHT STD & 11 FLTRX. I do a lot of long road trips. I'm 67 & have OR in both knees & some day I'll go back to a Low Rider Dyna & stop my long road trips. Good luck.

Old 04-28-2015 | 02:16 PM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member

I had a 08 street bob. Went to a road king and converted to road glide fairing. I just traded on a 15 street bob. Could not be happier.

Sure I don't have factory bags. But I'll get some. Bike hauls ***. Super fun to ride. I feel like I got motorcycling back. Touring bike was boring. Not fast. And a big *** pig. I prefer mid controls and power over floor boards and a fairing. Back to basics. Time to build a California destroyer

Old 04-28-2015 | 03:02 PM
user 8382390
|
Banned
Default Thank for the opinions!

Think I will go see if I can make a deal tomorrow. I could afford both but don't need the extra toys in the barn. As long as they don't bend me over too much on my trade I will probably make the jump. I just don't plan on giving the street glide away. Behold, I have all the power...a nice bike that's long ago paid for. I don't NEED a new one, it's just a want so I can ride away if I chose.

Old 04-28-2015 | 03:12 PM
Harleyvetteguy
Cruiser

I was in the same boat. I love my streetglide but wanted to have something a little sportier. In the end I just couldn't let go of my streetglide. I have the breakout for sporting around town and shorter trips and I have the streetglide for longer trips and for riding to work.

Old 04-28-2015 | 04:45 PM
Vonswanko
Road Master

I've had my '15 Street Glide for almost 2 months. I traded my '11 StreetBob for it...yet here I am still lurking in the Dyna section...

Old 04-28-2015 | 05:47 PM
Frank Castle
Road Warrior

The street glides are nice.. very handy with all of the gee gaws and accessories etc.. I dont usually do more than 500 on a 'tour' day so my Dyna fits me and my ol' lady perfect. I've got all the attachments.. seats, backrest, luggage etc. if I want it.. when I dont.. its a slick tailed single seat cruiser thats perfect for me..

Yep you do have all the cards.. (a paid for bike) they can make you a deal .. or its see y'all later..

The Dyna is the greatest to me because of its customizability <--- is that a word? and because of the 'personality' they seem to have.. I say these things I guess.. because I've always been a Dyna guy... guess I always will be..

Old 04-28-2015 | 07:39 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by fxdlx
I don't know, that'd be stooping pretty low trading all the way down to a dyna.
Kinda like going from a cadillac to a lowly corvette. Ha, ha, ha.
Once you get them set up the way you like, the dyna's are way more fun to ride than a touring bike, at least for me.
Riding the bike you want isn't stooping.

I recently moved from a Street Glide to a Dyna Low Rider. My Dyna is 100 pounds lighter, more nimble and faster than the Street Glide.

Quick Reply: Thinking of trading