Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 fat bob handlebars and cables

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 08:55 PM
geg44
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 fat bob handlebars and cables

I want to add taller bars to my 2015 fat bob. I would like to do so by not changing out the wires and cables. My question is how tall can I go without changing cables. Right now I have the stock risers and bars. I like the look of both apes and tbars/drag bars.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:30 PM
dustyd
Intermediate

I just installed 10" T-bars on my 2014 Fatbob and made everything work except for the breaklines which actually did fit but were much tighter than I was comfortable with. The turnsignals had more than enough length, the clutch cable and throttle cables just required a little clever re rerouteing but are all working perfectly.

I'm guessing (not 100% obviously) that you could go 8" T-Bars and make it work with all stock cables, again just with a little rerouting.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:40 PM
geg44
Intermediate

dustyd, do you have any pics you can post? Also, how did you reroute the cables? I'm a little new to this.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:52 PM
c-note
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If you just buy taller risers you don't have to muck with wiring. 7" or 8" with stock everything. No taller. Fat Bob drags look good with taller risers. Just remember you stock drags are 1.25 inches at the riser mount. LA choppers offers some nice hefty riser options.

I put 1" riser extensions on my stock bars, taking me to 6.5"... No issue.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:58 PM
geg44
Intermediate

Thanks c-note

Old 04-25-2015, 09:19 AM
ChromeBlows
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

I switched out my stock 5" risers with 6" pull back risers Harley part 56267-09 which brought them about 2 1/2 inches closer.Much more comfortable ride for my 5'10" fattass! Though they only came in chrome so I'll be getten em powder coated over next winter.

Old 04-25-2015, 01:25 PM
dustyd
Intermediate

Originally Posted by geg44
dustyd, do you have any pics you can post? Also, how did you reroute the cables? I'm a little new to this.
It was my first time doing it as well and not nearly as difficult as I was expecting. The clutch cable just had to be taken apart and removed from all the HD cable keepers and just given a more direct route through the downtube. The throttle cables just had to be taken out of the zipties under the tank and pulled right up through the opening under your speedo console. It's tough to explain without being on the bike. Here's a pic with my fairing removed. The dougz fairing is about level with 10" bars and looks like it was made for it, I'm really happy with the setup.

Old 04-25-2015, 01:44 PM
geg44
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dustyd
It was my first time doing it as well and not nearly as difficult as I was expecting. The clutch cable just had to be taken apart and removed from all the HD cable keepers and just given a more direct route through the downtube. The throttle cables just had to be taken out of the zipties under the tank and pulled right up through the opening under your speedo console. It's tough to explain without being on the bike. Here's a pic with my fairing removed. The dougz fairing is about level with 10" bars and looks like it was made for it, I'm really happy with the setup.

That's what I'm talking about!! That looks sick. Are those all the stock cables?

Old 04-25-2015, 02:34 PM
dustyd
Intermediate

Originally Posted by geg44
That's what I'm talking about!! That looks sick. Are those all the stock cables?
It's all stock except for the breakline, which did technically fit but was waaaay tighter than I was comfortable with. I had a local shop make the new line as the fatbob bracket is all one piece and you can't just replace certain lines of it. I could have made it all fit with 8" bars I'm pretty sure. These are just perfect for my height.

Old 04-25-2015, 02:45 PM
geg44
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dustyd
It's all stock except for the breakline, which did technically fit but was waaaay tighter than I was comfortable with. I had a local shop make the new line as the fatbob bracket is all one piece and you can't just replace certain lines of it. I could have made it all fit with 8" bars I'm pretty sure. These are just perfect for my height.
Which bars are those

Quick Reply: 2015 fat bob handlebars and cables