Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

motoillumination

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 08:12 PM
ghicks80
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default motoillumination

Looking into these headlights. Who all has one? Lets hear pros and cons. Sorry if this has been covered before.

Old 04-24-2015, 08:34 PM
Supermac88
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one on my 99 Convertible.
Pros - awesome affordable head light, sealed well as far as I can tell from my rain riding in Norther Indiana. Amazing light, so much better than stock. Much cheaper than a Daymaker.
Cons - Uhm I can't think of any it's a very good light at a very good price.

Ryan communicates well throughout the process, and ships very quickly. I really have zero complaints about the light, or the company.

Old 04-24-2015, 10:29 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Well you've already seen my pics but will submit for future searchers...

Pros include supporting the little guy who seems to be making a good product at a reasonable price point with a good business model. Not paying for excessive marketing or wacky overhead.

The light looks cool, I hate to say it but this makes a difference to me, one of the other units I was looking at had built in turn signals and just frankly looked goofy.

The quality of light is excellent. While like many led's there does not seem to be a huge difference in depth penetration with high beams vs. low the light is simply much much brighter and seems to encompass more of the sides as well over stock.

Half the price of a day maker and I think every bit as good visibility

Day time vis, my wife tells me when I follow her while she's in her car how she can't help but notice me in daylight hours. Color is much whiter and of course brighter than stock.

Ease of install, true plug and play. I added a strip of weather stripping to insulate from vibration. Probably didn't need to but did anyway. No worries about fans, reflectors, etc.

Cons, we don't know if they'll last. I believe that if there are any challenges that Ryan will stand behind his product but what's a reasonable life span for a $160 light?

Last edited by robbyville; 04-24-2015 at 10:32 PM.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:00 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,528 Likes on 2,140 Posts

How do you order one, or see information on it? All I see online is an Instagram page and barely a Facebook page with zero info on it...

Old 04-25-2015, 08:39 AM
rydercheers
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
How do you order one, or see information on it? All I see online is an Instagram page and barely a Facebook page with zero info on it...
You order through emailing them and sending a payment through Pay Pal from what I've seen. I think the going rate for them is $160 unless they have raised the price.

Old 04-25-2015, 10:13 AM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mchad
Originally Posted by rydercheers
You order through emailing them and sending a payment through Pay Pal from what I've seen. I think the going rate for them is $160 unless they have raised the price.
This is correct, you can contact him through his facebook page, best way to do it I found. Lots of pics there as well. He takes pmt through paypal he will email you the info. Price was $160 shipped through the US not sure if that changed.

Believe me, I know it sounds a little flighty, but he or Nicole get back to you very quickly, are personable, and obviously rides. The couple of times where I've heard of the light not fitting into a bucket well he's immediately taken the light back and refunded although I've only heard of that twice.

Old 04-25-2015, 11:46 AM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Where would pics of this light be located???

Old 04-25-2015, 12:03 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by JaronB
Where would pics of this light be located???
Quite a few on his FB page but here's my thread which has pics

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...headlight.html

Old 04-25-2015, 04:41 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,528 Likes on 2,140 Posts

Originally Posted by robbyville
This is correct, you can contact him through his facebook page, best way to do it I found. Lots of pics there as well. He takes pmt through paypal he will email you the info. Price was $160 shipped through the US not sure if that changed.

Believe me, I know it sounds a little flighty, but he or Nicole get back to you very quickly, are personable, and obviously rides. The couple of times where I've heard of the light not fitting into a bucket well he's immediately taken the light back and refunded although I've only heard of that twice.

Unfortunately I don't do Facebook, but I did email him. I guess I'll give it a few more days before I give up and move on. Thanks for the info.

Old 04-25-2015, 05:08 PM
Supermac88
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They're on backorder right now. I'm sure they will be in touch with you soon.

Quick Reply: motoillumination