Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

motoillumination

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 06:57 PM
gfroy91
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks awesome repoguy. Mines scheduled for delivery on Monday...looking forward to it.

Old 05-02-2015, 08:28 PM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member
Received 908 Likes on 588 Posts

looking forward to a couple reviews on this light, seeing 50% of my driving is at night I'm considering an upgrade of sorts. When you guys say weather stripping in the bucket, can you show that in some pix? I've actually giving great consideration to a set of Denali's on fender mounts, I know this isn't true Harley fashion but my back road, pitch black nights offer tons of critters that just happen to pop out. I've seen a set mounted on a Sporty, the guys at Twisted Throttle did an awesome, clean job. I've always been a PIAA guy but the Denali's look great, chrome coming soon too.

Last edited by 04FXDI; 05-02-2015 at 08:33 PM.
Old 05-02-2015, 08:38 PM
Repoguy
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 04FXDI
looking forward to a couple reviews on this light, seeing 50% of my driving is at night I'm considering an upgrade of sorts. When you guys say weather stripping in the bucket, can you show that in some pix? I've actually giving great consideration to a set of Denali's on fender mounts, I know this isn't true Harley fashion but my back road, pitch black nights offer tons of critters that just happen to pop out. I've seen a set mounted on a Sporty, the guys at Twisted Throttle did an awesome, clean job. I've always been a PIAA guy but the Denali's look great, chrome coming soon too.
The headlight isn't a tight fit, I just had some extra double sided foam tape, if I pull it apart I'll take pics, but just put it around the inside lips of the light bucket and it takes the play out.. Pretty easy fix, like is said I'm going to go rip tonight and I will get some pics.

Old 05-02-2015, 10:12 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Next time I get there I'll see about pics as well. Mine was actually a pretty snug fit. My concern was that the stock bulb housing seemed to be rubberized where it met the trim ring in a lower durometer vs the harder material on the motoillumination model. No problems with the fit but I figured that the stock was softer for a reason so I put the stripping on as a cushion of sorts.