Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H-D Style Quarter Fairing On 39mm Front End Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 11:02 AM
rydercheers
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default H-D Style Quarter Fairing On 39mm Front End Questions

I finally got my fairing after waiting 2 months for it to arrive from Tommy & Sons in Lithuania. Build quality is really well. Very stout for nothing but fiberglass. Mounting hardware is kind of a pain in the *** since the fork clamps are designed to have the forks dropped and then the clamps slide onto the fork tubes. Got everything mounted and went for a ride and realized quickly that I needed to either go up with the entire assembly or tilt it forward. I opted for tilting it forward since i could only slide the clamps up half an inch or so before they hit the upper triple tree. After tilting it forward I now have a gap at the top the the fairing and the headlamp. Should I move the entire fairing up and tilt it back so the fairings against the headlamp or is this gap normal? They didn't send a headlamp/fairing seal but I've got an old Rifle fairing I can rob the small seal off of and see if that takes care of my gap issue. The gap doesn't affect the lighting at night but a lot comes back into the fairing and is kind of a distraction due to the mounting brackets I polished to match the chrome front end. Thanks for any input anyone might share on this.