Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chrome outer primary on a Bob?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007 | 12:07 PM
davidchristopher
Cruiser
Default RE: Chrome outer primary on a Bob?

And... as I suppose you've guessed already, I've done both my inner and outer in chrome. Pics are in my photo album, more coming soon...

Old 04-24-2007 | 01:09 PM
Bobberforever
Cruiser

I did put chrome all around the engine. In fact it's the engine chrome kit with heads, derby, transmission cover... I keep the essence of the Street Bob by keeping the dash and a lot of other pieces black but I wanted a chromed engine on a black and orange Bob.

Check the picture :

We did the same on my wife's Bob:

To seemore pictures + high res: http://www.flickr.com/photos/23765453@N00

Old 04-24-2007 | 03:02 PM
dynaglider
|
Tourer

mcurry5, So you're going to paint your silver powder coat primary cover that has already been painted black with H-D black wrinkle paint and cure it in your oven? Please keep us updated on how that goes and what kind of prep you have to do to the existing paint/powdercoat. I hope I'm understanding you right.

Old 04-24-2007 | 07:08 PM
Cornhusker
Outstanding HDF Member

I chromed all around on my '06 Bobalso and have all the original parts in factory boxes. If anyone wants or needs any of the parts, send me an offer.

Old 04-24-2007 | 07:12 PM
Cornhusker
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: 07 StreetBob

I chromed all around on my '06 Bobalso and have all the original parts in factory boxes. If anyone wants or needs any of the parts, send me an offer.
Make that "my '07 Bob."

Old 04-24-2007 | 08:52 PM
BlueBob
Cruiser

I got a new chrome battery cover for your Bob if you need one.

Old 04-25-2007 | 01:55 AM
glenprice25401
Cruiser

i've done the chrome engine kit, too... see my gallery
https://www.hdforums.com/albumphoto....=1&apage=1

-glen

Old 04-25-2007 | 02:27 AM
98fxd
Tourer

i personally don't get it. i like chrome, but i like black too. seems like if you wanted a chrome streetbob youd get a lowrider...the price tag difference at the stealer is probabaly less than the cost of chrome and the work to do it... even if you do it yourself, your times worth something. i guess you cant get dnim black on a lowrider, but other than that, it's confusing. i personally am taking shiney stuff of my bob, derby, horn, and airfilter have been changed out for night train parts.

Old 04-25-2007 | 10:14 AM
Trotter
Banned

Theres at least $ 2000.00 diffrence here where I live out the door in the two bikes. That would cover alot of chrome...or what ever..The term Bobber in my days didnt have anything to do with color,Or chrome,just a bike that was stripped down to basics. Chrome or not it's personal taste some people like it some dont. I happen to think nothing looks better than a Black bike with chrome here and there not too much but enough to set off the black. Boring when they all look the same...To me the Street Bob is a great blank Canvas as is the Standard Super Glide if ya like the silver motor...

[IMG]local://upfiles/24219/B19A1D23D03442BEA6DC890647C30832.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-25-2007 | 01:16 PM
mcurry5
Road Captain

Dyna, yes i have already done it with the texture black. Look at my pics. Now I am going to change it over to wrinkle black. No prep work at all besides making sure the piece is clean. The metal is already rough and accepts the paint well. Just have to bake it in the oven. Very easy mod.

Quick Reply: Chrome outer primary on a Bob?