Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JD Customs T-Sport Fairing - Review

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 11:35 PM
Northern B
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the info, he sounds like stand up guy! Let me know if you go for it and how it works out. I was really wanting to keep the dual headlights and was considering a fairing from Dougz (great guy to deal with as well btw) but if this works for the FB I may consider swapping headlights as well. Keep us posted!

Old 04-21-2015, 11:44 PM
c-note
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Nah, don't do the dougz.....instead I was sorta thinking I could sell you my Fatbob windshield with QR clamps for like 800? Meet you in Moosomin?

Originally Posted by Northern B
Thanks for the info, he sounds like stand up guy! Let me know if you go for it and how it works out. I was really wanting to keep the dual headlights and was considering a fairing from Dougz (great guy to deal with as well btw) but if this works for the FB I may consider swapping headlights as well. Keep us posted!

Old 04-22-2015, 08:23 AM
Jesse_81
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by c-note
Jesse, I think that's the conley's.....I have thought about that one a bunch, and the reviews on it are not good. The jd's says they fit a wide glide front end which would be a fat Bob width triple trees? the reviews on the jd's are really good and the mounting hardware looks solid....enough to that I'd make the headlight swap to put the fxdxt replica on my fat Bob. I'm going to reach out to jds and see what they say about FXDF fitment.
Yeah it is, but it accommodates the double head light. I can't speak for the quality but seems that a lot of rocks are being thrown at Conley's anything.

I spent a good part of the night exchanging emails with Jd's. Jesse didn't lie, great guy. The fairing doesn't mount to the forks, it mounts to the trees so I am quite certain it will fit. I think I am pulling the trigger here... 800 and change, colour match painted and shipped to Canada with your choice of shield. I found a pic on the interwebs...
With a single head light swap it'll fit as long as you have the same mounting hole location in your bottom tree (never looked how fatbob lights are mounted). I'm sure JD covered this with you though.

Old 04-22-2015, 12:24 PM
b1u
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Jesse81. The bike looks great! Well done. A bit off topic, but what saddle bags are those on your bike? I love the look.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:08 PM
Northern B
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nah, don't do the dougz.....instead I was sorta thinking I could sell you my Fatbob windshield with QR clamps for like 800? Meet you in Moosomin?
Uh sure ... What a deal, lol

Old 04-23-2015, 12:10 AM
c-note
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Northern B
Uh sure ... What a deal, lol
I knew you'd be all over that...LOL

I ordered FXDXT replica today with a 16" smoke windshield. This Lowen guy at JD's I dealt with was awesome. I'll post my project when it comes.

Looking for some t bars now to pair with it. 12,13 or 14's? I like west coast but I also like the gigantor 1.5" width 12 tees from south east cycles. Other recommendations anyone? Is the 28" width on wct too narrow. No need for lane splitting in Saskatchewan!

Old 04-23-2015, 09:52 AM
Jesse_81
Road Captain

Thanks guys for all the good feedback on the bike!

Originally Posted by b1u
Hey Jesse81. The bike looks great! Well done. A bit off topic, but what saddle bags are those on your bike? I love the look.
Thanks bud. They're Viking Bag's Quarter Circles. Just an FYI the quality with viking isn't that good. Mediocre at best. I'm looking at building myself a set with the same dimensions as these out of aluminum sheet metal and hinged side doors like FXR clam shells. I like the look but I need a higher weight capacity and I also need a water proof as well. Trip to Tombstone, AZ 2 weeks ago left my **** soggy in the morning when I got up and it was raining. I wasn't happy about that... Time for improvement.

I knew you'd be all over that...LOL

I ordered FXDXT replica today with a 16" smoke windshield. This Lowen guy at JD's I dealt with was awesome. I'll post my project when it comes.

Looking for some t bars now to pair with it. 12,13 or 14's? I like west coast but I also like the gigantor 1.5" width 12 tees from south east cycles. Other recommendations anyone? Is the 28" width on wct too narrow. No need for lane splitting in Saskatchewan!
If you're interested in some T's (just as another option) My dad and I built mine and we got pieces parts left over to do a few more laying around at his shop so might as well sell them. I can get a solid price on them if you're interested (probably $225 bare, and powder coated $250-275ish??? I'll have to double check with him).

They're 14" to the top of the top bar as is (not the same height as WCT). Since they're in pieces still the riser bars could be chopped down to a shorter height if you'd like for same price I'm sure. Width is 28.5".

They're both thicker and stronger material than you'll find through anything you listed above.

Specs on mine are the following...

Built from DOM seemless and TIG welded.

Top bar: 1.25" dia. .250" wall (turned down to 1" for the controls, then bent for the pullback)

Risers: 1.25" dia. .125" wall

Bottom Bushing/Mount: Turned from solid stock, drilled and tapped for 1/2"-13

Internal Wiring: Slotted / CNC Machined

These bars mount ON TOP of the trees. Must use poly bushings for these. Going with the FXDXT JD Fairing I'd recommend a bit longer grade 8 bolt than the OE ones used since the bracket will be mounted under the tree. I get less vibes than it had from the factory and the bars are rigid and gets rid of that nasty mushy feel.

Here's a few pics of mine.

Let me know if you're interested.

Old 04-23-2015, 05:52 PM
b1u
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jesse_81
Thanks guys for all the good feedback on the bike!

Thanks bud. They're Viking Bag's Quarter Circles. Just an FYI the quality with viking isn't that good. Mediocre at best. I'm looking at building myself a set with the same dimensions as these out of aluminum sheet metal and hinged side doors like FXR clam shells. I like the look but I need a higher weight capacity and I also need a water proof as well. Trip to Tombstone, AZ 2 weeks ago left my **** soggy in the morning when I got up and it was raining. I wasn't happy about that... Time for improvement.

Thanks for the info and the heads up. I hope to see a build thread when it comes time for your aluminum replacements!

Old 01-20-2016, 09:10 PM
Tsport to the Max
Stage II
Smile Off Topic Our JD Customs Reproduction FXRT

Had the OG Tsport and wanted to change it up a bit. Used one of our JD Customs FXRT reproductions and went on like a champ. I really dig it. Probably will never put my OG fairing back on.

Our Main gallery displaying customers bikes with our fairings, shields, lowers, hand guards etc. http://www.jdcustomsandfabrication.com/

Our online store is http://jdcustomsandfabrications.bigcartel.com/

Old 01-21-2016, 08:14 AM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Army
Received 762 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by Tsport to the Max
Good looking bike, that dark green is sharp

Quick Reply: JD Customs T-Sport Fairing - Review