Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JD Customs T-Sport Fairing - Review

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 11:37 AM
Jesse_81
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Few pics of the screen before at 15", what I cut off 1.5", the cleaned up edge and after at 13.5".

Attached Thumbnails JD Customs T-Sport Fairing -  Review-message_1426814857655.jpg   JD Customs T-Sport Fairing -  Review-message_1426910850692.jpg   JD Customs T-Sport Fairing -  Review-message_1426911902752.jpg   JD Customs T-Sport Fairing -  Review-message_1426911954595.jpg  
Old 04-01-2015, 01:18 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Nice! You're a brave man to cut it yourself

Old 04-01-2015, 01:34 PM
Jesse_81
Road Captain

Originally Posted by robbyville
Nice! You're a brave man to cut it yourself
Being I mounted the second screen I had from J.D. I wasn't going to ask to return another one. Was going to have to Overnight a new one anyhow so cutting didn't seem like that big of a "risk" with the right tools.

Old 04-01-2015, 01:51 PM
stephenhelsel
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good! I have an 01 superglide, from what i read on site i would have to change my headlight from a top mount to bottom mount in order to use this fairing. Is that correct?

I want to get a fairing to help out on the longer rides and this looks the best I've seen.

Old 04-01-2015, 05:09 PM
Jesse_81
Road Captain

Originally Posted by stephenhelsel
Looks good! I have an 01 superglide, from what i read on site i would have to change my headlight from a top mount to bottom mount in order to use this fairing. Is that correct?

I want to get a fairing to help out on the longer rides and this looks the best I've seen.
Yes, it needs to be bottom mounted. They give you a new block and the bracketry ties everything together on the bottom from it.

Old 04-01-2015, 09:09 PM
stephenhelsel
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Jesse_81
Yes, it needs to be bottom mounted. They give you a new block and the bracketry ties everything together on the bottom from it.
Anyway u can get a pic on how its mounted from behind with it on? Just curious.. i really think this is gonna be my next investment but wanna figure out what all i need to buy so i can get a total cost...also how is your speedo mounted for clearence? I have a speedo and tac ontop of the light..do those need moves too?

Old 04-02-2015, 01:36 AM
Jesse_81
Road Captain

Anyway u can get a pic on how its mounted from behind with it on? Just curious.. i really think this is gonna be my next investment but wanna figure out what all i need to buy so i can get a total cost...also how is your speedo mounted for clearence? I have a speedo and tac ontop of the light..do those need moves too?
I attached some pics. Cant really get my phone in there very good though. The top mounting bracket slides under your top tree and is bolted on with your riser bolts. Bottom bracket is held on by the headlight block bolt. The fairing itself has its on brackets and bolts on to those two top and bottom mounting brackets and tie everything together.

My speedo is on my console from the factory so that wasnt an issue for me. There is plenty of room to mount gauges in between the bars and the fairing tho if you wanted them in there. The last pic you can see kind of see the open space in there.

Old 04-02-2015, 06:46 AM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 106 Posts

it really does look good

Old 04-02-2015, 07:18 AM
stephenhelsel
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Jesse_81
I attached some pics. Cant really get my phone in there very good though. The top mounting bracket slides under your top tree and is bolted on with your riser bolts. Bottom bracket is held on by the headlight block bolt. The fairing itself has its on brackets and bolts on to those two top and bottom mounting brackets and tie everything together.

My speedo is on my console from the factory so that wasnt an issue for me. There is plenty of room to mount gauges in between the bars and the fairing tho if you wanted them in there. The last pic you can see kind of see the open space in there.

Thanks alot.. those pics answered my questions... all i should need is a new headlight. Happen to know what size headlight u have off hand?

Old 04-02-2015, 09:29 AM
Jesse_81
Road Captain

Thanks alot.. those pics answered my questions... all i should need is a new headlight. Happen to know what size headlight u have off hand?
No problem. 5-3/4". It's a standard size. Very easy to find.

Quick Reply: JD Customs T-Sport Fairing - Review