Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

top 10 reasons why dealers suck !!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 04:47 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default top 10 reasons why dealers suck !!!

just came from my stealership. one $%^%^&$& dude at the parts counter. told me he had no time to look up the parts i needed. fugem.i go somewhere else to buy my stuff now. he told me....like wow man,i am to streesed to look up parts. man,i was red !!!
i wanted to tell him. do you fartin job and shut up. looked to me like he was drugged out bad. fire his sorry **** !!!! 20 mile drive for this **** wipe to tell me he has no time. wonder if a call to HD would go anywhere on this problem ?

like they say,don't get mad,get even .

Old 04-22-2007, 04:55 PM
tireater
Banned
Default RE: top 10 reasons why dealers suck !!!

WhenI got a free bike wash after a recall at the dealerand the waterblaster operated by Mr "just got my green card" got water in my spedo and between the bearings in the rear wheel. The bearings started to die in 30 days....

Old 04-22-2007, 04:56 PM
dailydriver
Road Captain

Just find a new dealership they're not all bad...I have two great ones by me...One close to work and one ten minutes from home...My favorite thing id to play them against each other to get a better deal...doesn't work all the time but I almost never leave without a deal...

Old 04-22-2007, 05:49 PM
boogiewithtuck
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: dailydriver

Just find a new dealership they're not all bad...I have two great ones by me...One close to work and one ten minutes from home...My favorite thing id to play them against each other to get a better deal...doesn't work all the time but I almost never leave without a deal...
My local has an awesome parts department; one guy I deal w/ has a photgraphic memory and can rattle off common parts w/o using the computer! The shop on the other hand is run by a complete fool in charge of a gang of alcohol-soaked sloths...

As for calling HD - if the guy was that bad, I'm sure he won't last long...

Old 04-22-2007, 05:50 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

yep,another local dealer gives me no discount at all on parts,but,man,they kiss your butt to help you.

the dealer today gives me 15% off all parts...this dude was jus ta total **** wipe..was pissed at the world cuse he had to work,tough luck to him,get over it..i will talk to the owner about this bozo,truse me on this one. he should be fired.

Old 04-22-2007, 06:30 PM
tireater
Banned

Almost forgot...Santa Barbara Harley has free sandwiches on the weekends...I THINK THEY ARE MAKING ME FAT!!! Bastards!

Old 04-22-2007, 09:48 PM
Jehu
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,114 Likes on 626 Posts

A fish rots first fromt he head. The owner of the stealership probably doesn;t care because he's makign money whether you're happy or not. The mark-up on all of the chrome goesintas and goesonytas is such that they do not need ot look up oil filter or brake pad part numbers.

The biggest problem between the Stealerships and us is that we are passionate about this hooby of ours and our passion os oftentimes met with a "who cares - you don't really count" atitude on the other side of the counter.

Old 04-23-2007, 12:12 AM
toyrider
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Reading these "Dealers Suck" threads makes me feel lucky since the one (or two) that I have dealt with have been really good. The one that I have bought both bikes from have been 100% from the beginning, the other has come a long way. Will have to decide who gets the next sale

Old 04-23-2007, 05:47 AM
Rauzer
Road Captain

This is why I've switched to buying everything online. I seem to get treated the same way at the dealers parts counter. And the prices are always better.

Old 04-23-2007, 07:50 AM
timdow
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just recently bought a Harley again, and I am not impressed at all with their dealerships.Every timeI visit, it is such an impersonal experience. Way different than I remember MC dealerships 15 years ago. I would not mind purchasing parts at the dealership and paying some extra there compared to online, but the dealerships remind me of a mall store now. Many of the people working there don't know and/or don't care.

My thinking then goes... at least if I visit the dealership,I can look at the part before purchasing. Nope! Dealership does not even stock either of the two most popular seats for 06-07 Dynas. I understand that they do not want to keep a warehouse of parts inventory, but if they don't stock a least some parts what is the advantage to purchasing from the dealer rather than online?

Quick Reply: top 10 reasons why dealers suck !!!