Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

top 10 reasons why dealers suck !!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 11:15 AM
skankaholic
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: top 10 reasons why dealers suck !!!

So why didn't you ask for a manager or person in charge while you were there?

Dont make sense why someone would just look at you and say"I haveno time to look up the parts" If that was the case I would of said... then give me someone that will! Im gonna take a guess and say that im sure HE WAS NOT THE ONLY PERSON WORKING THAT DAY!

First you say he stated "I have no time to look up parts" then you say he stated "like wow man,I am to streesed to look up parts".... which is it? I dont think were getting the full story

The only way I can see this happening is that you got there at closing time. But after a 20 mile ride and you were in the parts dept. you should of reached down and grabbed a hand full and stood your ground!

Dont mean to flame.... just giving my $0.02

Old 04-23-2007, 11:34 AM
lolife
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[IMG]local://upfiles/19303/0521C1F3BF7E4CFB9AE2E75B8B1D3D87.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-23-2007, 11:41 AM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Not all dealers are created equal. I do however believe you should speak to the dealer's owner or manager if you have a gripe against a counter person. As the employer, they can't fix a problem unless they know about it. The problem might not be as simple as that that one guybeing able or capable(or not) tohelp you, it could be because they don't have enough staff to deal with their customer flow.

If all their counter people have the same attitude, then perhaps letting the dealer know that you are unsatisfied with their service might be in order. Again, don't think for one minute that they would even notice that you don't come their anymore ... you have to let them know you won't be back because their service dept sux.

Old 04-23-2007, 12:11 PM
EK5858
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NO Lie here. I totalled my bike andhad it towed to Clayton County Harley. They look at the bike, do a estimate and send it to insurance. Insurance totals bike. I go in there and buy a brand new deluxe and spend another 1000.00 in addons. Put the totalled bike on a trailer (cuz I won't let insurance have the bike until I get the money) Load the new bike on the trailer and Iam getting ready to leave when I am asked for 100.00 for them doing the estimate on my crashed bike. I thought theywere joking, I was wrong. I should've taken the new bike off the trailer and told them to take a hike. I paid the 100.00 and left. To make matters worse one of their employees stole my credit card info and used it.[:@][:@][:@][:@]

Old 04-23-2007, 12:28 PM
JimboFXD
Cruiser

Because my bike was worth gold when I bought it from them and **** when I tried to trade it in.

Old 04-23-2007, 12:44 PM
dog06bob
Tourer

I had a similar experience. When I bought theSE intake kit, I tried to buy it in pieces so I could get the black backing plate. The parts guy couldn't be bothered, I even gave him all the part numbers. I hear he's now working at the Honda dealership across the street. Good place for him!!!!!!!

Old 04-23-2007, 03:31 PM
tireater
Banned

I find it annoying that they don't stock all the screws that fall out of the bike they JUST sold you...

Old 04-23-2007, 03:59 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: skankaholic

So why didn't you ask for a manager or person in charge while you were there?

Dont make sense why someone would just look at you and say"I haveno time to look up the parts" If that was the case I would of said... then give me someone that will! Im gonna take a guess and say that im sure HE WAS NOT THE ONLY PERSON WORKING THAT DAY!

First you say he stated "I have no time to look up parts" then you say he stated "like wow man,I am to streesed to look up parts".... which is it? I dont think were getting the full story

The only way I can see this happening is that you got there at closing time. But after a 20 mile ride and you were in the parts dept. you should of reached down and grabbed a hand full and stood your ground!

Dont mean to flame.... just giving my $0.02
that is the story. only other guy that was there was a salesman.he coild be no help.i know the manager.he was not there . i have no reason to lie. the dude was a arsehole,big time. i could see things were going no where fat.i was so red,i left the dang place.the dude said both,i am to stressed,and i have no time to look up parts.so,you would have stood there and got in a fight with this bozo,and went to jail,not worth it to me . and yes,i called the manager today, trust me on that one. to be honest,i really do not care if you belive me or not. i just tell the facts...no flame intended from me either and no,it was not closing time at all. fugem.

Old 04-23-2007, 04:16 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

to follow up on this thread.i called parts.all parts now ordered. i will not mention the name of the shop. but,the other guys working there are cool. just this one guy seems to be a problem child. after thinking about this more,we can all have a bad day,right ? i can see the big picture,nice day out,every tom dick and harry coming in for parts..and all alone. the other guy had called off so i was told. oh well,end of story.